• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Plate Tank + ADPS (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,993¢
Prowling through the live forums I came across a post by Tucoh who's known for pretty effective ISBoxer crews. Anyway I must admit I never really thought that much about stacking ADPS past being sure my main Bard was in there and working the best.

I attempted to make a tier list in my head with Bard as S tier ADPS, Shaman and Enchanters as A tier ADPS, Druids and Magicians as B tier .....then nothing...then Clerics at F...

Is actively stacking ADPS worth the effort? I do it but probably not that effectively just making sure that everyone has Synergy working right.

Anyone else have any ideas?

The answer is yes, a well balanced group providing each other adps is gold. It depends somewhat on what classes you’re playing on what is going to feed them the most and I’ll give you a hint what each class wants most isn’t necessarily going to be what another class is gonna want most ;)

See...this is where it gets tricky because you cannot just willy-nilly assign tiers and stack aDPS. Synergy matters, and pure DPS matters. This is why we have groups that are considered the meta in the current game.

Melee - SHD,SHM,BRD,BST,BER,ROG is arguably the best melee-focused group right now in current content. The synergy is crazy good. I wouldn't swap in an ENC for the BST, or take out the BER in favor of the ENC for aDPS stacking...

Caster - PAL,CLR,BRD/ENC,BST,MAG,NEC is super solid as well.

I am now starting to lean towards BRD is a must-have for every group with an ENC buffbot.

100% actively stacking classes together with intention makes a huge difference in a group's overall DPS output. For casters, you could include necros as solid adps as well. As shadow pointed out above, I agree with him in terms of his melee group composition, although honestly, any tank works well in that group. I also have been a huge advocate for bards in any group setup, they bring too much to the table to not include regardless of caster or melee-based groups. My best caster composition thus far has been Pal Shm Brd Nec Mag Wiz. That composition may not be the best overall dps, as I'm sure switching the wiz for a 2nd mage or a bst may provide a little more dps, but with the wiz increases they are competitive with the other casters now and I can't go without ports lol. Wiz nukes hit hard with synergy from necro and mage. Caster groups also have the innate advantage of not being super dependant on prestige gear, so once you max AAs you can leave them silver and they perform solid. My pally is the only account I keep actively subbed year round, my other 5 are silver once they max AAs after the first month of the new xpac release. For context, my group puts out 3 to 3.5m dps non-burn in current content. A bit more than that if we fight some undead :).

Wiz bring a couple things, the all 95 debuff (stacks with everything), vortex (10% to everyones next spells for 18 sec or 20 charges?), and synergy (proc DD off any spell costing NOT fire based). they *fixed* the broken SV focus to procs last week, so back in the poop wiz went (with bane strike, ended up equal, but everyone else got 2-10%).

Wiz bring a couple things, the all 95 debuff (stacks with everything), vortex (10% to everyones next spells for 18 sec or 20 charges?), and synergy (proc DD off any spell costing NOT fire based). they *fixed* the broken SV focus to procs last week, so back in the poop wiz went (with bane strike, ended up equal, but everyone else got 2-10%).
Yea, still silver wiz holding 600k dps non burn regularly and I see mine spike up over 1m dps often if they get some good crit procs. But again, that's because my group composition really supports caster dps. I wouldn't be sad if they get a lil more love in the next few months like they've been talking about.

See...this is where it gets tricky because you cannot just willy-nilly assign tiers and stack aDPS. Synergy matters, and pure DPS matters. This is why we have groups that are considered the meta in the current game.

Melee - SHD,SHM,BRD,BST,BER,ROG is arguably the best melee-focused group right now in current content. The synergy is crazy good. I wouldn't swap in an ENC for the BST, or take out the BER in favor of the ENC for aDPS stacking...

Caster - PAL,CLR,BRD/ENC,BST,MAG,NEC is super solid as well.

I am now starting to lean towards BRD is a must-have for every group with an ENC buffbot.
Shm is gonna add more dps and adps to that caster group, clr does nothing really for it (Pact of the wolf effects swarm Pets you’re welcome). Brds with that many pets/swarm pets is gonna be hard to beat vs an enc as well. Also necro swarm pets are well positioned in a fast kill group as well where dots aren’t gonna really last close to full duration (Top necros are even slipping them in their rotation on raids they are that good at the moment)

Bsts in general are really well positioned at the moment and If you get your bsts onto something custom written or where you have more control of what is cast and when they stack extremely effectively (dicho and synergy are the big ones here). I’ve had a lot of fun with war or sk/shm/brd/ber/bst/bst, though rogue vs hs/assassinate mobs is just nasty. Tank/shm/brd/bst/rog/rog in a camp full of hs/assassinate mobs is nasty.

Shm is gonna add more dps and adps to that caster group, clr does nothing really for it (Pact of the wolf effects swarm Pets you’re welcome). Brds with that many pets/swarm pets is gonna be hard to beat vs an enc as well. Also necro swarm pets are well positioned in a fast kill group as well where dots aren’t gonna really last close to full duration (Top necros are even slipping them in their rotation on raids they are that good at the moment)

Bsts in general are really well positioned at the moment and If you get your bsts onto something custom written or where you have more control of what is cast and when they stack extremely effectively (dicho and synergy are the big ones here). I’ve had a lot of fun with war or sk/shm/brd/ber/bst/bst, though rogue vs hs/assassinate mobs is just nasty. Tank/shm/brd/bst/rog/rog in a camp full of hs/assassinate mobs is nasty.
I didn't say that it would add more aDPS by having the cleric in there, I just added a different class from the ol' tried and true meta. Options... the spice of life.

I didn't say that it would add more aDPS by having the cleric in there, I just added a different class from the ol' tried and true meta. Options... the spice of life.
I know just was pointing out stacking adps options that are alternatives in those spots since that is the topic of this thread. If someone’s trying to maximize their adps for their group, the clerics going and in comes the shaman.

Strategy - Plate Tank + ADPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back