• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - Piggybacking off of EQ forum post -- how does fellowship exp work? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
243¢
I remember reading a thread long ago about how you can PL the living hell out of someone if you have groups of max-exp toons just feeding vitality.

Well I am somewhat in that situation. I have my group maxed out--all 115, max AA, and max EXP 99.99%. I want to bring someone up to 115 as quick as possible, but he does not receive vitality.

Current setup: I have my 5 maxed out dudes set 0% to AA exp, all EXP sharing on. The PLee is in my group, XP sharing off, but does not receive vitality.

Can you truly only feed someone vitality if you are not at 99.99%? All toons are indeed in the fellowship

It's supposed to work as you understand it here, but the system is bugged and your fellowship is bugged too. The same happened to my fellowship at the end of TBL and didn't start working again until ToV launched. Prior to ToV I could sometimes get some characters to gain vitality, but not everyone and not all the time. It's been like this for awhile and doesn't seem to be a high priority to fix.

It's supposed to work as you understand it here, but the system is bugged and your fellowship is bugged too. The same happened to my fellowship at the end of TBL and didn't start working again until ToV launched. Prior to ToV I could sometimes get some characters to gain vitality, but not everyone and not all the time. It's been like this for awhile and doesn't seem to be a high priority to fix.
Oh good!

Any tips?? haha. Suppose I can always just.. delete and reform the fellowship

Actually I think you have something wrong. The character you want receiving vitality cannot be in the same group and same zone as your 'feeder' chars. If they are, then they will not gain vitality. So if toon6 is the one you want vitality on, he cannot be in the group and zone with toons1-5. This is why most people who do this have 2 groups, one to feed the viality to the pwrlvlee who is in another group killing elsewhere. This way he gains vitality while also getting xp. Sharing must be turned on for all chars, even 'toon6'. Now once he has vitality stored, you can turn sharing off and he will get the full 500% bonus while his vitality lasts, since he's not sharing any more. But he also won't gain any more vitality.

Actually I think you have something wrong. The character you want receiving vitality cannot be in the same group and same zone as your 'feeder' chars. If they are, then they will not gain vitality. So if toon6 is the one you want vitality on, he cannot be in the group and zone with toons1-5. This is why most people who do this have 2 groups, one to feed the viality to the pwrlvlee who is in another group killing elsewhere. This way he gains vitality while also getting xp. Sharing must be turned on for all chars, even 'toon6'. Now once he has vitality stored, you can turn sharing off and he will get the full 500% bonus while his vitality lasts, since he's not sharing any more. But he also won't gain any more vitality.
Well this would definitely make sense.

What an odd system.

Just to spam some more and add to the silly questions, here's another thing I am confused about. I am constantly swip-swapping toons to try to find out what works and what does not. One character is 115 but not max AA. He is out of group and out of zone, and his AA is set to 100%. I toggle his EXP Sharing on and it says "CAPPED" instead of Sharing.

What does this mean?

Ah, I missed that you have these PLee *in* the current group. As @SylanosScorn says, the PLee must be out of group and not recieving the same xp hits as the main group. In my experience you *can* be in the same zone and get vitality if at character is not gaining direct kill xp.

Basically you need to have the PLee inactive while gaining vitality and once full, *then* go out and kill stuff to burn down vitality.

Question - Piggybacking off of EQ forum post -- how does fellowship exp work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back