• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

patch (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

RedCents
Scheduled EverQuest Server Maintenance 12/13/2005 4:00am
Main

All EverQuest servers will be coming down at 4:00 AM PST (-8 UTC) on Tuesday 12/13/2005 for an update. Estimated downtime is 4 hours.

The EverQuest Operations Team

From what I heard from a friend who still plays EQ they are fixing Illusion Guktan or something, probably among other things.

I got it, the new big conspiracy. They are patching to break macroquest again. Its brilliant, since they watch the websites and such, they wait til working compiles are up, and then they repatch something, anything, to bring mq back down again.

*runs around screaming the sky is falling*

this is such bullshit. i dont see the point in EQ when the servers are down 25% of the time...wtf. although they have gotten better at estimating the downtime. even a couple months ago the true time was "estimated downtime is 4 hours" really meant 12 hours lol. at least now they are closer.

The damn patches wouldn't bother me so much if I actually had a life. Maybe I'll sleep in tomorrow and pray it'll be over when I wake up.

EvenLessSpam said:
Anyone know what this patch is supposed to fix?

I'm sorry... "fix"?.... AHaha...AHAahahahha.... AAAAHAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAhaha hah hahah *ahem* Yeah, see patches don't actually "fix" things. They either make things worthless, or break them completely.

-CodeCaster

codecaster said:
I'm sorry... "fix"?.... AHaha...AHAahahahha.... AAAAHAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAhaha hah hahah *ahem* Yeah, see patches don't actually "fix" things. They either make things worthless, or break them completely.

-CodeCaster
Or add new ways to sploit :P

I meant to put "fix" in quotes, but I forgot ;).
Let me rephrase :)
What should this patch, by SOE's estimation, supposedly "fix", does anyone know? :)

LOL, funny you should mention WoW again Tone. Just got it the last week, got a 20 mage/wiz type lol. Thanks to all this patching. but WoW has some pretty big patches as well. At least it felt like it, but was my first encounter with WoW patching.

What sucks about WoW is that they have downtime EVERY FUCKING WEEK. They call it maintenance patches. I call it hiding their screwups..
Also their fucking queues on the bigger servers.. "Well you can just transfer to another server", yes one that is pre-chosen by Blizzard, so you won't even have the choice of transfering to a server where other friends are playing.
Oh yea, and it takes a few weeks tops to get to level 60, all soloing. Grouping are discouraged in WoW, simply because it's easier, simpler amd often faster to solo. That and pickup groups in WoW (unless you're damn lucky) are doomed from the beginning.

EvenLessSpam said:
What sucks about WoW is that they have downtime EVERY FUCKING WEEK. They call it maintenance patches. I call it hiding their screwups..
Also their fucking queues on the bigger servers.. "Well you can just transfer to another server", yes one that is pre-chosen by Blizzard, so you won't even have the choice of transfering to a server where other friends are playing.
Oh yea, and it takes a few weeks tops to get to level 60, all soloing. Grouping are discouraged in WoW, simply because it's easier, simpler amd often faster to solo. That and pickup groups in WoW (unless you're damn lucky) are doomed from the beginning.
Most of the time they just fix minor bugs and add up the honor for that week. The big patches are like once a month where the version changes. Blizzard is just pleasent to deal with in comparision with sony :p

tledgend said:
LOL, funny you should mention WoW again Tone. Just got it the last week, got a 20 mage/wiz type lol. Thanks to all this patching. but WoW has some pretty big patches as well. At least it felt like it, but was my first encounter with WoW patching.
44 Rogue 26 Mage and I haven't played a month yet wuwu ^^ They should be 60s in 2 or 3 weeks :) I'm 2 boxing WoW legit and its fun doing a priest/mage combo.

omfg, let me get this right.... they close down servers for 4 hours, due to a warping problem with the eye of zomms? lmao

I've seen patches where some files are "downloadable" before the patch is complete and then when the patch is completed, there one last final download again...the exe. Of course I'm happy there seems to be no exe...let's just hope it's what it seems! =D

all servers back up, and also, someone pse answer this, but how do we get the HUD to show up? im trying all the/hud options but nothigns working, and htiting F11, how do i get it to come up?

The warp when feared/charmed fix might be significant. That's one of the things that made it hard to automatically tell an exploiting warper from a normal schmoe player I'm sure.

Their infamous 'tools' for detecting warping and such might actually provide them meaningful data now. Probalby not, but that might be what they're working towards.

HAhaha hah hahah *ahem* Yeah, see patches don't actually "fix" things

I agree with that almost all the time. But I have to admit I like what they did to DoD's. Having people afk in guild hall overnight and waking up with 22 aa's is retarded. Now you have to participate??? Imagine that.

Doc

doctabooboo said:
I agree with that almost all the time. But I have to admit I like what they did to DoD's. Having people afk in guild hall overnight and waking up with 22 aa's is retarded. Now you have to participate??? Imagine that.

Doc

Well... no... Just have to add about 10 more lines of code to your macros.

-CodeCaster

doctabooboo said:

Doc
Yeah. I agree. Mostly cause the people I knew who did this are the ones who don't like those who use macros to afk. Go figure.

patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back