• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Palatial Guild Hall Nav (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,291¢
having a terrible time getting the team moving around in the palatial guild hall.

after zoning in, I run to the big room and do a /bca /nav id ${Me.ID} or an /afollow and they start running my direction, then a few seconds later, they all zone out to Sunrise... lol I gotta run outside, move everyone to guild lobby and back to the guild hall and try again. Very odd

having a terrible time getting the team moving around in the palatial guild hall.

after zoning in, I run to the big room and do a /bca /nav id ${Me.ID} or an /afollow and they start running my direction, then a few seconds later, they all zone out to Sunrise... lol I gotta run outside, move everyone to guild lobby and back to the guild hall and try again. Very odd
yeah its because when you zone in, you're so close to the door that you click it when you nav away from it.

I use guildhalllrg_int.cfg in my release folder to just move me forward for 1.5 seconds when i zone in. Definitely would look weird if you had non mq2 people there

guildhalllrg_int.cfg
/multiline ; /keypress FORWARD hold; /timed 15 /keypress FORWARD;

This makes it so when i zone in i go forward and away from the door, then i can navigate around

Sic, you are on fire man... How do you remember all this stuff lol RG needs to give you a raise... or at least another coffee mug...
its all collective information - kaen turned me onto the .cfg stuff - i DID come up with this solution on my own tho (even tho some credit kaen!).

if i wasn't lazy i'd have something checking my location is at the entrance to do it, because they way i have it now i run forward if i anchor in and whatnot.

with some community effort we could probably pimp this out

also worth mentioning - the guildhalllrg - this is the shortname for THIS guild hall - if using another hall you gotta find the shortname and create an entry ${Zone.ShortName}

Nice, I added a little

/timed 17 /nav loc 1.22 -379.72 -22.59;

to the end of it and this puts all the toons into the middle of the big room... lol Its my guild so no worries about others coming in,
nah, if you do a nav - you will click on the door as you try and nav away from it

that's the whole point of the keypress forward

nah, if you do a nav - you will click on the door as you try and nav away from it

that's the whole point of the keypress forward

The extra /timed 17 gives the keypress forward enough time to finish so the NAV will run far enough away from the door that it doesn't click it

So my config file looks like:

/multiline ; /keypress FORWARD hold; /timed 15 /keypress FORWARD; /timed 17 /nav loc 1.22 -379.72 -22.59;

I ran 54 toon into there twice and haven't had a click yet. :hfive:

Problem - Palatial Guild Hall Nav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back