• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - p99 Spell effects for TLP server (1 Viewer)

glizza11

RedCents
30¢
Wondering if this is possible?

I know abyss had something going for awhile but the project has gone stale with his absence.

from my experience with an emu server, the spells_us.txt file is the key to the spell effects. If something in there is jacked up it will cause spell effects not to appear. At one point on the private one I was playing on we had to delete a large chunk of the spell file to make them show up again.

As per the forums of the previously mentioned server.

[FONT=&quot]Re: Any ideas why I can't see spell effects[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The issue is with the spells_us.txt file that's included in the server files download. Here's how to fix it:

- Open your EQ client folder, and locate the spells_us.txt file.
- Open the file with a text editor.
- Delete all lines below "42602^MRC...". So 42603-50000. (I usually start from the bottom and scroll up)
- Save the file with confidence, since you can download a new spells_us.txt from the server website.
- Restart EQ, if it was running.
- Enjoy the amazing spell effects from 1999.

(this happens on many new servers because the EQEmulator's EOC page exports a spells_us.txt file that has too many lines, so devs need to edit the file each time a change is made to a spell before posting.)
[/FONT]

Request - p99 Spell effects for TLP server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back