• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ownership (1 Viewer)

jmustful

banned
BANNED
RedCents
Can someone clear up Ownership issues?

I've been reading more and more issues about Plugins and Macros. What is purchased and what is pirated?

Who owns the plugin? Is it freeware? Are there options to buy and manipulate them or as is and need updates?

Who owns Macro? I'm assuming anyone can write these and compile.

If I belong to this site do I have rights to plugins/macro/compiles placed on this site? Can I change them without violations? Is this site just a board and we are all pirating MQ2Plugins?

Just want clerification cause I'm starting to see issues arising between members and don't think it is mentioned.

MacroQuest is free ware that is updated on a Regular basis.

Macros and plugins are coding that enhances Macroquest and are property of who ever codes it. Now if that person chooses to post it in the open then you may feel free to use it and modify it as you see fit. However if you are going to post your modification give credit to the source.

Some people charge for thier plugins/macros as the should have the freedom to do so since they spent the time coding it.

Plugins and Macros listed on this site are primarly out there for anone to use or modify. There have been a few from time to time that have been removed due to the real owner/coder asking for it to be removed.

Last edited:
basically as I understand it (and correct me please if I am wrong) the macros you find on the mq2 open forums are free for you do do whatever you want with, but as soultaker stated, you should give credit to the original writer if you modify it. The macros and plugins you find in the VIP forums in mq2 site (you will only find the plugins now in the VIP section) are not for the open and are "supposed" to be not shared around like in the public forum. There is a reason they are in the VIP section, hence for VIP members only. Some people unfortunately do share private material and end up making things worse for all of us. If I ever have a question or problem with a VIP macro/plugin, I only ask for help in the VIP forum.

Ownership

Users who are viewing this thread

Back