• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Options 2 Assist in 3 boxing on Oakwynd? (1 Viewer)

FreeloadingScrub

budget duke nukem
RedCents
59¢
So apparently MQ is off the menu, I thought when it moved to opensource MQNext it was going to work on Truebox but apparently not?

I'm not looking to do anything super complicated, my intention is to run some kind of Melee/Tank Ranger SK or Paladin most likely, with a Bard and a Shaman at least for the early expacs.

Mostly just lookin for assistance in having the shaman buff/debuff/slow/heal without having to do everything manually.

The only person I know who said MQ was moving to open source to support Truebox was the one who was railing against following the license. There was never an intent to support MQ on Truebox servers by going open source. MQ is primarily boxing software which Truebox is specifically trying to avoid.

My suggestion would be to play on any of the other servers that aren't Truebox or wait until Omens of War when the server goes to Relaxed Truebox if your goal is to box.

So apparently MQ is off the menu, I thought when it moved to opensource MQNext it was going to work on Truebox but apparently not?

I'm not looking to do anything super complicated, my intention is to run some kind of Melee/Tank Ranger SK or Paladin most likely, with a Bard and a Shaman at least for the early expacs.

Mostly just lookin for assistance in having the shaman buff/debuff/slow/heal without having to do everything manually.
Look at IonBC https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/ionbc-truebox.2463/
It's far from comparable to MQ but its better than any other option available to the public I am aware of.

Also look at portable install of parsec so you have less keyboard bloat on your desk

The only person I know who said MQ was moving to open source to support Truebox was the one who was railing against following the license. There was never an intent to support MQ on Truebox servers by going open source. MQ is primarily boxing software which Truebox is specifically trying to avoid.

My suggestion would be to play on any of the other servers that aren't Truebox or wait until Omens of War when the server goes to Relaxed Truebox if your goal is to box.

I already play the old fashioned way on Truebox TLPs with 3 computers, don't need to go to another server, was just wondering what software if any was available to aid me.

Question - Options 2 Assist in 3 boxing on Oakwynd?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back