• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

OoW rune turn ins (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadwen

RedCents
*******needs to be confirmed or denied. 1 no-go report so far.*********

This is for EQ1. If deemed worthy I'd like access to the EQ1 section.

I found out on accident that if you turn in 4 runes at once to Karsor the Mad in Dranik's Scar (loc -1656, -37, 166), that he will return to you 4 spells of whatever it was you put first in the trade window.

What does this mean? In my case, I had put a 69 rune, then an ancient and two 70's and I got back four 69 spells.

Now this means that if you can get a 70 rune, you can then go and buy three minor or lesser runes in the bazaar and simply put the 70 rune in the trade window first, followed by the three lower level ones, and get four level 70 spells. Or if the 69/70/ancient runes are easier to get, you can put a 66 rune first followed by 3 of the higher ones and save yourself the plat of buying them in the bazaar.

Hope this isn't in any of the member forums heh. Toodles 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any confirmation? Sounds like it would work. I'd do this on my shaman if he didn't already have all of his spells.

You rock man save me and my friends ALOT of plat and time... I'm going to RSS tonight and get my bard his 69 and 70 rune then just hit bazaar up for the 66's lol I hope it works!!!

THIS DOES ---> NOT NOT NOT <--- WORK

i just tried it on 3 diff chars, first a glowing, then 3 greaters all in the same trade window and i got one 70 spell and 3 69 spells, thanks alot for the waste

this does NOT work

Anyone else? If I don't hear someone say this works in the next 24 hours or I get another no-go responce I'm moving this to nerfed.

I'll have to look around to see what runes I have and who I have that still needs spells. I did notice one item in the thread that might make a difference, not sure.

fadwen said:
In my case, I had put a 69 rune, then an ancient and two 70's and I got back four 69 spells.

So my understanding is that he traded the lower level rune first, followed by higher level runes. The other posts may not have been as specific, but my assumption is that everyone else tried a higher level rune first, followed by lower level spells. I'm just wondering if by some chance it will work to get the lower spells, but not the other way around? Possibly worth looking into... or can anyone already confirm or dispute my single bullet theory?

My findings are as follows...

First Hand in:
Greater Muramite Rune (69)
Greater Muramite Rune (69)
Glowing Muramite Rune (70)
Glowing Muramite Rune (70)

Received:
Oaken Guard (69)
Blessing of Oak (69)
Circle of Nettles (70)
Glitterfrost (70)

and....