• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

off the wall (1 Viewer)

pizzahut

RedCents
ok so warp is broken, the rumors are they have a packet counter, so even if you could warp safely the packet counter would call you out and get you banned or what not. i was wondering if there was a way to get a macro or plugin that spoammed extra packets to the server sorta sending off redflags but they are empty, so liek if you were to walk from point A to point B the plugin would double or triple those packets sent to the server , so when they checked it it wouldnt be anything obvious only making them wonder why the extra packets are coming form soemone who is just walking or normally playign the game. maybe get enough people to do this so they decide to not watch the system anymore. kinda liek the boy who cried wolf. i dont know just thinking. they cant ban you for playing as long as they dont know youre the one spamming the packets that have no harmful data in it =P i dont know im not a programmer, was just a thought that came to mind. flame me if you want.

You could make a plugin that sent that fake data.

But since there'd be no legit way to do it, you'd be sending empty packets that screamed, "BAN ME ALREADY I'M TIRED OF THIS ACCOUNT".

they cant ban you for playing as long as they dont know youre the one spamming the packets that have no harmful data in it =P i dont know im not a programmer, was just a thought that came to mind. flame me if you want.

Yes they can...believe it. Read the EULA closely. SOE can ban anyone at anytime for any reason, or no reason.

Call me dumb or what not, but how is a packet counter practical, where the UDP connection that EQ uses is connectionless and best effort- the chance of a lost packet are high how could they effectively count them when there is no reliable way of updating the counter at both side independently. It looks to me like they would have to send a an ack packet with the adjustment for the counter for every packet received, and if this one gets drop and the next update comes in first you are going to be out of sync, thus screwing up the entire thing. But SoE might have some magic way of counting packets that i can't think of. Just my thoughts on the process help me see the light if i am to far off base.

off the wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back