• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Nostun nerfed? (1 Viewer)

Flaboop

RedCents
ANyone notice anything with nostun lately since last patch? seems my bard dies a lot now and he didnt before. i am wondering if the server still sees you as next to mob, even though you have moved on client side.

There are a few different changes to the actual source for NoStun to work. I've yet to implement them and try, but from what I'm looking at you'd have to try and change the actual MQ2 Source for it to work.

Flaboop said:
ANyone notice anything with nostun lately since last patch? seems my bard dies a lot now and he didnt before. i am wondering if the server still sees you as next to mob, even though you have moved on client side.

nostun is client side only... has been for a while now..

all it pretty much prevents is the stupid screen locking up thing.

Is this considered an active hack or one that is going to get you caught nowadays with all the new detection methods? I used to use it to shakerpage and stuns are the leading cause of death =(

Fritzgary said:
Is this considered an active hack or one that is going to get you caught nowadays with all the new detection methods? I used to use it to shakerpage and stuns are the leading cause of death =(

It is client side only, this means that even if you can still move around while stunned on your screen, your character is still stunned and his location does not change according to the server. After the stun is finished, your client will update your characters position on the server to where he/she is at on your screen. Even with nostun loaded, you will take damage when stunned, although your character will continue moving on your local computer. Essentially when the client sends the character location to the server, it is like a small warp. As to whether or not it will get you banned, I dont know that.

Also, you bumped a thread who's last post was 07-23-2006 07:58 AM.

Well at least it shows he was looking for the answer before he asked the question. I was wondering the same thing but haven't played in a while.

Jinx said:
Well at least it shows he was looking for the answer before he asked the question. I was wondering the same thing but haven't played in a while.

Yeah, sometimes you just can't win. :)

I just wanted to add that it's been working fine for me as well. I'm not smart enough to know the answer, just thought I'd add that.

Nostun nerfed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back