• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

H.U.D. - Noob's - Blue Infinity UI - Oct 2018 Update

RedCents
8,208¢
Last Update: November 3rd, 2018

Frequency back in the day(2007ish) released a Blue Infinity variant with MQ2 functions built in that I always just loved. It has since fallen to the waste side, and I picked it up the other night and have not only fixed it but built out a couple more things I think should be there. In honor of Frequency, I went ahead and left the UI folder the same.

Nov 2018 - Fixes
  • Fixed Group Window
    • Meshes with MQ2TargetInfo Now
    • Removed Distance check since MQ2Target takes care of this
    • Moved UI Elements for better visibility

Oct 2018 - Fixes
  • Animations Fixes
  • Target Window Revamped to mesh with MQ2TargetInfo (Love the new plugin btw)
    • Removal of Z Axis, Distance
    • Brought shading fill up so we can see new MQ2TargetInfo data
  • CastSpellWnd / HotButtonWnd / SpellBookWnd / AAWindow Updated for Ring of Scale

Sept 2017-Fixes
  • Animations Fixed
  • Item Display Fixed
  • Combat Window completely redone by Noobhaxor
  • Inventory used a modified version of a eqinterface inv window
  • Target Window updated with new information
  • AA window uses reskined default UI

Big shoutout to Beimeith for fixing the non-MQ2 version off eqinterface.com. This made fixing this much easier, as I copied most of his work on that version with modification were MQ2 information is used, namely the target window. I expanded the target window in the version as bigger screens = bigger health bar needed.

Non-MQ2 version is here http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6702

Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:
RedCents
1,149¢
I looked around for a nice clean interface for awhile before settling on AYA EoK which I found on EQ interface. This one you put together is very compelling - I am definitely going to have to give it a try!

RedCents
8,208¢
New patch broke UI. Working a fix to incorporate the new FindItem window default ui added.

rhb

RedCents
143¢
Missed this, will certainly download when it's fixed though!

RedCents
413¢
Just noticed this thread! What resolution(s) is this designed for?

RedCents
4,863¢
i used to use this mq2 ui back in 2007, bring back memories. Will have to download it later when i get home from work.

RedCents
8,208¢
Just noticed this thread! What resolution(s) is this designed for?
1920x1080, but you can use it for pretty much any resolution. I wouldn't recommend it for anything over 1440p though, as the text is really small.

RedCents
8,208¢
Gearing up for the presale... I obviously can't use the ugly default UI. I have updated my MQ2 Version of Blue Infinity.

RedCents
8,208¢
dont care about your name being showed? dunno if you missed that or not
Not really, I'm not doing anything but contributing to the mq2 and eq community in a positive way. That said, where did I miss my name? Thought I blanked them all out.

RedCents
249¢
when i try to load the ui it doesnt load and in my mq2 chat window it says could not find CompareTipWnd any ideas?

RedCents
8,208¢
when i try to load the ui it doesnt load and in my mq2 chat window it says could not find CompareTipWnd any ideas?
No idea, The only thing I can think of is there is an mq2 plugin you are running that might be interfering.

RedCents
4,863¢
CompareTipWnd can be pulled from the default UI and added to the UI folder and should fix the issue, if not delete the one in the default folder and have eq rebuild it then add it to the UI folder

RedCents
1,210¢
CompareTipWnd can be pulled from the default UI and added to the UI folder and should fix the issue, if not delete the one in the default folder and have eq rebuild it then add it to the UI folder
The only Compare file I have in default is MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml. I did delete it, had EQ rebuild it, copied it over and no luck. Still getting error.

A fresh install of MQ2 fixed it. The MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml is what was bad and that is created by MQ2.

Also the group window is not compatible with the new additions by eqmule. They are all bunched on top of each other in the top left.

Last edited:
RedCents
8,208¢
The only Compare file I have in default is MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml. I did delete it, had EQ rebuild it, copied it over and no luck. Still getting error.

A fresh install of MQ2 fixed it. The MQUI_CompareTipWnd.xml is what was bad and that is created by MQ2.

Also the group window is not compatible with the new additions by eqmule. They are all bunched on top of each other in the top left.
Thanks for the report, I'll update my MQ2 and see what is going on with eqmules additions. I'm sure I can modify it to be compatible.

RedCents
8,208¢
Updated to go with MQ2TargetInfo and eqmule's group window changes. Let me know what you all think of the new layout.

RedCents
2,126¢
Noob do you have your mq2targetinfo settings? The buttons are on the group window and work but they overlay group members bars for me.

RedCents
8,208¢
I just noticed Mimic does overlay on a full group. Can someone take a screenshot of the default UI for me? I'd like to use the default settings of MQ2targetinfo so we aren't all constantly changing settings hehe.

Elrem

RedCents
46¢
I am having trouble getting this UI to load. Do I put the folder in my normal EQ UIfiles folder, or do I need to load it from an MQ2 folder? Thanks

Looks like I am getting the same error as above, missing CompareTipWnd. I will try a reinstall and see if that fixes things.

Last edited:
RedCents
7,451¢
you put it in a new folder you make inside your UI folder. IE

Where to put UI.jpg

What you call the folder doesn't matter (int his case "stuff") but it has to be all one word.

Then ingame you open the options window, click on "Load UI skin" and pick the folder you put the new UI into.

The game will freeze for a long pause.

If all the files loaded fine, you will see the new UI. If they do not, you will see the default UI.

If your UI crashed to default, in the main Everquest folder there will be a file called UIError.txt, that can help figure out which particular window is the problem.

Used part of the UI collection for a good long time, found it very nice. Kudos for keeping it alive =)

Vrakenor

RedCents
382¢
Hi Noobhaxor

Nice UI, I am going to adopt it lol. I just have one request to make it fit my particular customization. Could you make the Spell bar horizontal for me please? Or maybe tell me what I need to adjust in the xml file to make that happen. And if you want to get REAL fancy make the spell bar adjust the number of spell slots it has according to the level of the character using it. Hehe, sorry got carried away with myself there.

Again thanks for the nice UI, I have played around with several when I saw this one and knew it was the ONE.