• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

noob to this (1 Viewer)

chris berthiaume

RedCents
ok, i apologize for this post before i even start it for the fact that i'm sure you've all responded to it over 1000 times.
but here it goes anyways.
i'm not a noob to a computer in the fact that i know a couple of things but this whole macro thing is totally new to me. i don't know what to download and how to use/utilize it. my main interest is to be able to solo higher end mobs, get aa's a bit easier and maybe more than the usual without the whole grouping thing, and also/maybe if possible max my tradeskills while doing the afk thing (i read that in another post) i have on my account a lvl 65 necro but also have access to a lvl 65 druid on another account. any help on what to do and how to do it would help me 100 fold. i've been reading these forums and the stuff you guys come up with is absolutely fantastic except for i don't understand the majority of it.
well i said so go ahead and flame away....sorry for inconvinience again and thank you for anyone that responds to it.

chris :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

will be no flames here but before I answer your general questions I post one to you. Have you read the Guides sections yet? There is alot of info in there on Macroquest as well as legit strats at exping and soloing and tradeskills and cashing.

Read that first then come back with your questions at that point they should be more specific and I and others will be able to help you more. :D

ok, i understand you have to download the MQ2 which i will be doing when i get off work this morning. also, i understand that you have to have plug ins to run whatever kind of beneficial program you want. the things i'm not sure of is if and when i download this is if there is anything else i need to do to get it working correctly, how do i institute the plug ins into the macro (copy and paste)? and how do i work them while playing eq. i might be missing some of the reading material or just straight up don't understand it....

chris

ok, here we go again...i downloaded MQ2 and have found my auth code. now back to my other questions..is there anything else i need to do to get it running? and i think i understand when you copy and paste, just copy the plug and put it in my MQ2 folder..right?

Macros = Copy the cody to notepad (standard program with windows)
Save file as (this is in the file drop down menu)
Name.mac (Name is the name u give the file)

Plugins are DLL files or are compiledwith a newer version of MC.

if they are DLL copy to the folder
if they are not DLL .. you must wait until someone compiles MC for those of us with out the software to do the compiling ourselves

Did i miss anything?

[size=+1]This is a copy and paste job from one of my other posts modified a bit[/size]

[size=+1]Macros:[/size] copy and paste the code you see in the forums to a notepad file, go to save as, change "Save as file type" to "all files" and name it whatever you want but add the extention .mac (such as: my_new_macro.mac) and in game type
Code:

/mac <macroname>.mac

and to stop it type
Code:

/end

[size=+1]Plugins:[/size] you will see 2 forms of plugins on Redguides, one will be source code (.cpp) Here's an example of what it looks like:
Rich (BB code):
#include "../MQ2Plugin.h" 
PreSetup("MQ2NoMez"); 
PLUGIN_API VOID OnDrawHUD(VOID) 
{ 
   BYTE nostun = 00; 
    GetCharInfo()->Stunned = nostun; 
}
and the other will be precompiled (.dll), which has to be attached to the post or hosted, as it's a file not just code. If it's the source code, you will need to compile it and if it's precompiled (.dll) all you should have to do is download it to your macroquest folder. Once you have the compiled plugin in your macroquest folder, in game type
Code:

/plugin <plugin name>

and for any reason you would want to unload a plugin, type
Code:

/plugin <plugin name> unload.

If you had someone compile MQ2 for you they usually have a whole slew of plugins already there.

[size=+1]Offsets:[/size] IMO one of the most fun parts of MQ2. Offsets are for the MQ2DoCrack plugin. Now after every patch, as you probably know, you will need to recompile MQ2 and you will also need to get new offsets, and the easiest way to do that I found is wait for Tone to post them To use an offset, you simply type, in game,
Code:

/docrack <offset name> on

and
Code:

/docrack <offset name> off

To see what offsets you have, type
Code:

/docrack list

Now remember, MQ2DoCrack is a plugin so you will need to load it, which I told you how to do in the plugin section of this post.

[size=+1]I will attach a compiled MacroQuest 2 soon[/size]

EDIT: See my post here for the above mentioned compiled MQ2

Last edited:
ok cad, i've tried to do what you put in the thread but nothing seems to work. i also downloaded the plug-ins you posted at the bottom, unzipped em and cut and pasted them into my mq2 folder.....i put them into my mqmain folder....what am i doing wrong or what else should i be doing...i feel like a complete dolt

Ok please use soultaker's compile, available here. And, erm, there shouldn't BE a MQmain folder, so...can you be a little more specific on exactly what you're doing? Telling me that nothing seems to work doesn't help much, what are the errors?

noob to this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back