• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

No EXP at all from Monster Mission? (1 Viewer)

nijhal

RedCents
10¢
I just the the butcherblock monster mission, got NO EXP, looted the stupid shard, got the exp message, but absolutly no exp when I zoned out of the mission. This happening to anyone else?

N

Yes, and there seem to be major issues with having to camp/relog everytime you die in the MM (in our defense we died because the zone kept lagging). The timer was off by 5 minutes before the chest popped, and though the peeps in our group who had their reg xp 100% got xp, those of us with AA split or 100% AAxp got none. Apparently, it's a well known issue in /General; I would assume it's been formally reported as an issue to Sony.

Some people were grinding out 6-8 AA in a day doing the BBMM. I would assume they're readjusting the AAXP lvl or just nerfing it altogether. It's getting pretty irritating having them nerf all of the MM's to the point they're no longer viable for XP. They may not be that difficult, but then again there are a lot of zones that aren't difficult - they both just represent an investment of time.

Yup. And what a way to make a quest obsolete. Do it once and never again. Then when someone asks you to do it who has never done it they will be like "yea right". I think MMs were great so you could group with your lower lvl buddies. Shrouds are a joke cause they dont have the mana hp to group with

The MM's, I felt, were a way to address one of the biggest problems in EQ- how does the non-ubah-raider get into a solid xp group 60+ without having a ton of gear and AAs? At least if you're 65 an have 300 AAs, you could get into some content that offers decent gear to upgrade. But if you're 65 with 10 AAs and no gear, good luck finding a group or serious guild to play with for the higher gear. How can you compete for groupage and guild space on gear raids if you're 65 or 70 but only a few AAs... but the guy next to you has several hundred AAs? At least with MMs you could get some AAs without having to have the top gear. The one viable option for the non-raider then is to stop at 51 and grind out AAs until you've got enough to compete... but if they nerf the xp so the mod is off the highest toon, how the f*ck you ever gonna grind your AAs???

jshriddle said:
The MM's, I felt, were a way to address one of the biggest problems in EQ- how does the non-ubah-raider get into a solid xp group 60+ without having a ton of gear and AAs? At least if you're 65 an have 300 AAs, you could get into some content that offers decent gear to upgrade. But if you're 65 with 10 AAs and no gear, good luck finding a group or serious guild to play with for the higher gear. How can you compete for groupage and guild space on gear raids if you're 65 or 70 but only a few AAs... but the guy next to you has several hundred AAs? At least with MMs you could get some AAs without having to have the top gear. The one viable option for the non-raider then is to stop at 51 and grind out AAs until you've got enough to compete... but if they nerf the xp so the mod is off the highest toon, how the f*ck you ever gonna grind your AAs???

MM's kill people learning how to play thier class.

So, How they going to get AA's ? Enough of them do MM's all day long..they could...Omg..get groups together and go out and grind them just like all the other top ends did.

/shock

So if you got a group of people doing a MM cause lack of AA's.... Take that group somewhere and get AA's normally.

But let's be fair here.... They want to get AA's quickly...

So Fix AA issues xp wise so AA is more rewarding per mob.

This way they can learn thier class, and get thier AA also.

Can't learn to be a Necromancer doing MM's as a Rogue.

Neckroe said:
MM's kill people learning how to play thier class.QUOTE]

lol, this is a crock of shit IMHO..... u get AA's from level 51 onwards and if you cant learn how to play your class in the first 51 levels, then you have no business playing the game at all.... but that being said, I do understand where Neckroe is coming from and this is in no way a flame on his/her view, I actually used the mm's to gain xp to 70 (from 65) and get a few hundred aa's as well... I just feel that the first 6 years of playing my monk and the 3 years of playing my chanter that I have actually learnt how to play them and that the mm's represented a good opportunity to close "the gap" :)

I agree that the mm's were a good way to address the disparity between a raiding toon and a casual toon, at least in the area of aa's. But as I said, if you don't know how to play your class after "x" levels, then the question should be asked "how did they get their toon to where it is now?"
ie.. is it a genuine PL toon? or just an "ebay" toon?

This, I believe, would explain the difference between someone playing their toon to the level where it is, and someone purchasing their toon via whatever means at their disposal..... and the playstyle of the person using the toon reflects this.

I learn't how to mezz/crowd contol/pull with my chanter in the first 20 levels... I just "honed" the skill for the next 50 levels as the content got harder, and the same can be said for my monk. I am, however, in the process of PL a bard (suprise, suprise!) up and I am having a lot of fun doing it too. ;)

As for the no aa xp for the mm's... well, thats just another way of sony showing that it doesn't give a flying f..k about the casual player... suprises there!

Patch notes for today indicate AAs are back in for MMs. Hopefully that fixed the problem with regular tasks as well.

- Players should now be able to get AA experience from Monster Missions.

No EXP at all from Monster Mission?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back