• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Nightvision goggles hack (1 Viewer)

Racecar

RedCents
One of the things that used to drive me crazy about EQ2 is how darn dark it gets at night!

Ever tried crawling across Antonica with only the bare flicker of a torch to lead you? You can try messing with the gama and brightness settings, but they only go so far, and end up leaving the game looking like a washed out mess in the daytime.

Thanks to excellent work by Kosmos at EQ2 Interfaces you don't have to stumble around in the dark any longer!

All credit must go to Kosmos, but I couldn't sit by and let my EQ2 playing friends at Redguides live in the dark any longer.

Take the zip attached to this thread an place it in the folder containing the interface of your choice. There is a readme in the zip that explains everything, but basically you just unzip it to your interface directory (right into the directory, not in a seperate subfolder), and make a quick macro in game.

Create a new macro (under socials from the EQ2 tab) that says the following:
/show_window MainHUD.PerformancePanel

Now, press that macro in game and a little window will pop up. Press the goggles icon and you will have instant nightvision. It makes midnight look like noon and doesn't have any of the silly drawbacks of ultra or infravision.

It also comes with a program to quickly set performance settings. That program requires .NET 1.1, but if you aren't raiding frequently or don't care about switching your quality settings with the press of a button, don't worry about it. If you do want to be able to switch from higher quality settings (say out soloing) to lower quality settings (middle of Freeport or a big raid), then read the instructions inside the zip file and you can use the three buttons on the left side of the nightvision window to change settings on the fly.

Enjoy!

Nightvision goggles hack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back