• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Newbies ('-') (1 Viewer)

KevinSays!

RedCents
Hello from the Ye Oldie London Arrrrrr!! (was drinking @ Ten Bells, In the shadow of Christ Church and opposite Spitalfields Market, history is unsure of which of Jack the Ripper's victims he met in the Ten Bells pub)

Anyway, strangely enough I've chosen to frequent this interesting site due to the death of the widget forums.

I have a newbie Question: I'm just about to start out on World of Warcraft, so does anyone have any advice? How do you make good money? Which class is best? Anyother help would be Appreciated ..
Thanks, KevinSays!

I really love my hunter for it's tracking and feign death abilities. It's my "sugar daddy" for all of my other characters.

Even though I say, "hunter!" it may not be your thing. Is this your first MMORPG, or have you played others? In any case, you're going to have a lot of empty character slots, and a new expansion coming up. Try out as many as you can to see what is most fun for your style of play.

Hunters are definitely fun. I also have a warlock, but they're kinda tricky and possibly could be frustrating for a 1st time player.
Warriors are pretty fun as well.

I have a newbie Question: I'm just about to start out on World of Warcraft, so does anyone have any advice? How do you make good money? Which class is best? Anyother help would be Appreciated ..
Thanks, KevinSays!

Find an active guild looking for lowbees. It shouldn't be too hard to find one. Then, leech. Ask any questions you have in guild chat (/g <stupid question goes here>). If you are trying to level a crafting profession, ask if anyone has any spare low-level materials you can use. If you want to do a particular instance or difficult quest, see if any fellow lowbees are also doing it--if not, ask some 60 to come do it for you. & if your guild doesn't help you out satisfactoraly or if you outstay your welcome, /gquit & find a new one. Like I said, it shouldn't be too hard to find guilds.

Even though I say, "hunter!" it may not be your thing. Is this your first MMORPG, or have you played others? In any case, you're going to have a lot of empty character slots, and a new expansion coming up. Try out as many as you can to see what is most fun for your style of play.

Spoken like a true altaholic. :p I say pick a class & stick w/ it--you don't really get an appreciation of the class until level 40 IMHO--but that's just my $0.02.

Spoken like a true altaholic. :p I say pick a class & stick w/ it--you don't really get an appreciation of the class until level 40 IMHO--but that's just my $0.02.

Yeah, well you're $0.02 is in Canadian pennies, which, as we all know, are worthless everywhere. Including Canadia.

And whichever class / guild /profession you choose, be sure to drink a few of those nice pints to our collective health...
Missing "The Big Smoke" or "Ye Oldie London" as you call it...

I wouldn't waste my time on a production style profession (blacksmithing, leatherworking, tailoring, enchanting, etc) unless maybe it's engineering for a few PvP tricks. Gathering professions (mining, herbalism, etc) are typically more useful for making cash on the side while you level.

Rogue is probably the best first timer class IMO. Even soloing the combat is fairly fast paced and takes a bit of attention. Plus sneaking around to explore kicks ass. Warriors are about as easy to play but until higher level (and even then only for tanking/pvp) you tend to drift into a state of just autoattacking for the most part and it just feels less engaging to me than a rogue (I have a 60 and a 55 warrior and a 60 and a 39 rogue).

Priests, Paladins, and Mages are pretty damned boring to level imo. Mages can level fast but you basically just cast the same 2 spells over and over again. For Priests and Paladins levelling solo is mind numbing, slow, and boring as shit. Later as a priest you can spec enough shadow to where you can do some respectable PvP but they still level slow as shit. Starting around 40 priests and paladins can solo practically anything anywhere near their level just very slowly.

Shamans and Druids are kinda unique and you can basically kill anything. Druids are fun at first when you get new forms but I always tend to find myself spending all of my time in bear (retarded warrior) or cat (retarded rogue) form when levelling and only changing to heal up when needed. Shamans are kinda neat at first dropping totems all over, healing, frost shocking, wind furying, etc. After a while it always seems like I just end up meleeing and healing occasionally tossing down a totem for variety. Maybe I just have shit for attention span.

Warlocks are a little slow starting out but gain more and more versatility as they level. They are probably the hardest class to play really really well but if you are good at it and can get used to making use of 424 different hotkeys you can dominate in PvP (or you can play a rogue, hunter, mage, or shadowpriest and be nearly as effective with half the effort).

Hunters are kinda fun if you like pets. You can charm all kinds of animals and name them silly degrading things to amuse yourself. Actual levelling always seemed to degenerate into- aggro the mob, send in pet to take hate, turn on autoshot, repeat. Which to me just gets a little boring.

Yay for rambling.

That was odd. It wouldn't take that post because it had a colon : instead of a hyphen - after "into".

Newbies ('-')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back