• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Newbie needs help (of course) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
40¢
I just really went active using MQ2 and KA even though I have been signed up for awhile. After watching many videos and reading tons of information on how to use it, I am stuck on a few things.

I am having a few issues and after reading some posts, I see it may be the settings for the .INI or possibly the Nav mesh. The main issue is that I have my SK set as TankPuller and even with mobs right in front of me, it will run past that mob to get to a mob behind it or in a different room. I am set up in Resplended Temple at Miggles room in the bottom left corner. It also won't consistently pull the round room to the left where the high priest spawns and I am sitting right beside it.I have tried tweaking the ranges. I am wondering if there is also an issue with elevation that might be cause this as well due to the fact I can see the Nav line on pulls going down the ramp as well but the SK keeps coming back empty handed probably due to outside of range distance-wise but with elevation in range. I have not tried this in a open zone to see if there is an issue there. I was just testing out my 6 man settings in an easy zone.

For Buffs on my SK, it is constantly casting Dark Lord's Unity after every kill and I can't figure out why. I think this is also happening on my mage with Summon Firebound Orb as I get a lot of Duplicate Lore Items Not Allowed. I didn't know what would be changed except maybe rebuffcheck.

Lastly, when pulling it will not cast refute for power on the mob. I run up to the mob almost on top of him and stand there like an idiot until they aggro me. Then I run back to camp and kill them. No casts or melee is done at all until I am back at the camp. This has me totally baffled because I thought it was absolutely correct unless something else is causing it to do differently instead of casting a spell to pull mobs.

Also I am not sure what the Conditions actually do but from watching the youtube videos I saw it was best to use files with conditions. However since I don't know much about them at all, I thought there would be a command that set the parameter for the condition to be met so that the spell/ability would be used at that time. ex. Cond3 if I am reading it right, would go into effect once my Endurance was less than 19% (which seems easy enough). If you look at Cond9 though for Refute for Power it doesn't say what would cause it to go into effect.

FYI, I am trying the fully automated group (while at keyboard) to see if the .INI files I have for each are working.

Here is the SK's INI:

[General]
KissAssistVer=11.005
Role=PullerTank
CampRadius=25
CampRadiusExceed=300
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|96
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
EQBCOn=1
IRCOn=0
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Shadow Knight|110|GOLD
DefaultUI=TRUE
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
XTSlot=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=6
Buffs1=Dark Lord's Unity (Azia)|Cond1
Buffs2=Tylix's Skin|Cond2
Buffs3=Hiatus|end|19|Cond3
Buffs4=Voice of Thule|Me|Cond4
Buffs5=Defiant Stance|Cond5
Buffs6=command:/bandolier activate Shield|Cond15
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL
[Melee]
AssistAt=100
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
TargetSwitchingOn=1
[GoM]
GoMSize=3
GoMSpell1=Touch of T`Vem|Mob
GoMSpell2=Dire Testimony|Mob
GoMSpell3=NULL
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,Drag,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup,Tells
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=1
GMail1=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=1
AESize=10
AERadius=50
AE1=Revulsion|2|Mob
AE2=Explosion of Hatred|3|Mob
AE3=Explosion of Spite|3|Mob
AE4=Stream of Hatred|4|Mob
AE5=NULL
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
AggroSize=4
Aggro1=Taunt|100|<
Aggro2=Refute for Power|100|<
Aggro3=Ageless Enmity|100|<
Aggro4=Projection of Doom|100|<
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=20
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Terror of Kra`Du|100
DPS2=Spurn|99|Mash
DPS3=command:/bandolier activate 2Hand|100|Cond16
DPS4=Gift of the Quick Spear|99
DPS5=Spear of Tylix|99
DPS6=Dire Testimony|99
DPS7=Touch of T`Vem|99
DPS8=Darkened Blood Ember Bracer|99|Weave
DPS9=Wounding Blade|99
DPS10=Encroaching Darkness|99
DPS11=Vicious Bite of Chaos|99|weave
DPS12=Bond of Xalgoz|99
DPS13=Torrent of Suffering|99|Cond6
DPS14=Touch of Hemofax|96|Cond7
DPS15=Chattering Bones|99
DPS16=Visage of Decay|99|Cond8
DPS17=Refute for Power II|99|Cond9
DPS18=Visage of Death|99
DPS19=Thought Leech|99|Cond10
DPS20=Veil of Darkness|99
DPS21=Concordant Disruption|99|Cond14
DebuffAllOn=0
[Heals]
HealsOn=1
HealsSize=2
Heals1=Shield Flash|35|Tap|Cond11
Heals2=Leech Touch|30|Tap
Heals3=Dissident Fang|50|Tap
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
XTarHeal=0
XTarHealList=NULL
HealGroupPetsOn=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=1
Cures1=NULL
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetCombatOn=1
PetSpell=Minion of T`Vem
PetBuffsOn=0
PetBuffsSize=1
PetBuffs1=Gift of T`Vem
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
PetForceHealOnMed=0
PetShrinkOn=0
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
PetAssistAt=95
PetAttackDistance=115
PetToysSize=6
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=1
PetToysGave=
[Burn]
BurnSize=14
BurnText=Time to DIE!
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn1=command:/stopdisc|Cond12
Burn2=Impenitent Influence
Burn3=Krellnakor Mantle|Cond13
Burn4=Cursed Guardian Discipline|Cond12
Burn5=Deflection Discipline|Cond12
Burn6=Leechcurse Discipline|Cond12
Burn7=Unholy Aura Discipline|Cond12
Burn8=T`Vyl's Resolve
Burn9=Claret Blade
Burn10=Innoruuk's Dark Blessing
Burn11=Reflexive Revulsion
Burn12=Scale Touched Soulrender Breastplate
Burn13=Spite of Kra`Du
Burn14=Scourge Skin
UseTribute=0
[Pull]
PullWith=Refute for Power II
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=500
MaxZRange=400
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=180
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=180
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=1
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92
[KConditions]
ConOn=1
CondSize=14
Cond1=!${Me.Buff[${Spell[Call of Nightfall].RankName}].ID}
Cond2=!${Me.Buff[${Spell[Tylix's Skin].RankName}].ID}
Cond3=${Me.PctEndurance} < 19
Cond4=!${Me.Buff[${Spell[Voice of Thule III].RankName}].ID}
Cond5=!${Me.Buff[${Spell[Defiant Stance].RankName}].ID}
Cond6=!${Me.Buff[Torrent of Suffering Recourse].ID}
Cond7=!${Me.Buff[${Spell[Gift of Hemofax].RankName}].ID}
Cond8=${Me.AltAbilityReady[Visage of Decay]} && !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Visage of Death VII].RankName}].ID}
Cond9=!${Me.Buff[Refute for Power].ID}
Cond10=${Me.PctMana} < 50
Cond11=${Target.Named}
Cond12=${Me.ActiveDisc.ID} && ${Me.ActiveDisc.Name.NotEqual[Impenitent Influence]} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[${Spell[Impenitent Influence].RankName}]} || ${Me.ActiveDisc.ID} && ${Me.ActiveDisc.Name.NotEqual[Krellnakor Mantle]} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[${Spell[Krellnakor Mantle].RankName}]}
Cond13=${Me.ActiveDisc.ID} && ${Me.ActiveDisc.Name.NotEqual[Impenitent Influence]} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[${Spell[Impenitent Influence].RankName}]}
Cond14=!${Me.Buff[${Spell[Concordant Disruption].RankName}].ID}
Cond15=!${Me.Buff[Defensive Proficiency].ID}
Cond16=${Me.XTarget}< 3 && !${Target.Named} && !${Me.Buff[Two-Handed Proficiency].ID} && !${Select[${Target.ConColor},YELLOW,RED]} >=1
[MySpells]
Gem1=Spear of Tylix
Gem2=Dire Testimony
Gem3=Touch of T`Vem
Gem4=Dissident Fang
Gem5=Bond of Xalgoz
Gem6=Refute for Power
Gem7=Touch of Hemofax
Gem8=Concordant Disruption
Gem9=Revulsion
Gem10=Defiant Stance
Gem11=Tylix's Skin
Gem12=Terror of Kra`Du
Gem13=Null
[Toggle]
BurnNow=
[Spells]
MiscGem=7
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=7
CastingInterruptOn=0
LoadSpellSet=2
SpellSetName=KissAssist
Gem1=Spear of Tylix
Gem2=Dire Testimony
Gem3=Touch of T`Vem
Gem4=Dissident Fang
Gem5=Bond of Xalgoz
Gem6=Refute for Power
Gem7=Touch of Hemofax
Gem8=Concordant Disruption
Gem9=Revulsion
Gem10=Defiant Stance
Gem11=Tylix's Skin
Gem12=Terror of Kra`Du
Gem13=Null

Sorry, not sure how you create the windows with Rich BB so it not a big long post.

Any help on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

PullRadiusToUse: How close to get to mob before pulling with spell/aa/bow as a percent of spell/aa/item/bow's range (0-100) You have it set to 180%, so you're out of range for spell. 90 is the default and good. You can set it a little lower if you're doing long pulls and the mobs are pathers so they may move while you run.
INI:
[Pull]
PullRadiusToUse=90

PullArcWidth: You have it set to 180, so it will only pull mobs in front of puller when they start KA. I'm assuming that's what you want, but if not you can change it to 0 (edit 0 = default) to pull all around.

Pull not getting certain mobs: If those first two setting don't help, check if any mobs are on ignore in KissAssist_info.ini for that zone. Your PullLevel is also good at 0|0, no mobs should be ignored due to level. I'm not familiar with that camp, but your MaxRadius looks ok, though 400 for MaxZRadius is kind of high. Z handles the z-axis elevation, but maybe 400 is what you need there.

Does it improve if you extend MaxRadius to 750? That could mean the puller sees a mob within the 500 radius, but the actual path the puller runs (due to winding or zig-zagging) goes over 500 so the puller hits that length cap and yo-yo's back to camp.

The SK running up to mob but not casting is weird. Is the SK levitating? Sometimes KA finishes the nav run, but hasn't quite stopped moving when it tries to cast. I'm not sure what causes that though. If you're pulling pathers, they can also walk out of range during your run and it will cause something like this.

You could try switching your pull to a bow or pet and see if it improves. "PullWith=Conflagrant Longbow|Ethereal Arrow" or "PullWith=Pet"

Buffs casting over and over: Almost always a typo, wrong item or actual buff has a different name than spell (|dual tag.) KA looks for exact buffs/items so if it doesn't see the buff/item appear, it will try again and again. Basically check what is being buffed/summoned against the exact buff/item you're getting.

You get "Call of Nightfall" buff from SK's Unity? I see your condition is checking for it. Try:
INI:
[Buffs]
Buffs1=Dark Lord's Unity (Azia)|dual|Call of Nightfall

For summoned fire nuke orbs you need to check for Orb ranks. Standard spell summons Firebound Orb, but rank II summons "Firebound Orb II." The AA mage rod is a common one to mix up as it changes as you level.

DPS section Refute: The pull will use PullWith= , but your SK is also checking via cond9 if they lost the AC feedback buff from Refute. However I think they want to check for Song not Buff, as it goes to the short term window. They'll recast Refute on the current mob in camp if they need the AC buff again.
INI:
DPS17=Refute for Power II|99|Cond9
Cond9=!${Me.Buff[Refute for Power].ID}

If that's not working, this is what I use (If I lose the buff in camp and I have at least 75% health, don't rebuff if SK is in trouble):
INI:
Cond9=!${Me.Song[Refute for Power Recourse].ID} && ${Me.PctHPs}>75

Conditions: Totally not required to run KA, but they let you run some checks that KA won't do by itself. KA will check if you/group loses a buff, if a spell is ready to cast or a dot wears off on your target and quite a few other things. But in staying "keep it simple", it won't check everything. So these quick true/false check let you add more functions to your toon's automatic play.

In general you can read info on yourself (${Me.Song[Frenzied Devastation].ID} or ${Me.PctMana}<45) and your current target (Target.Named or ${Target.Buff[Lower Element].ID}) and you can string them together with && (and) + || (or) to make larger logic true/false checks. I usually recommend checking out eqmule's 110 wizard ini in the Resources section. Even if you don't play wiz, it has lots of good examples of things you can check and make into useful conditions.

Last edited:
PullRadiusToUse:
Changed PoolRadiustouse=90

PullArcWidth:
Changed PullArcWidth=0|360

Pull not getting certain mobs:
I checked the Kissassist_info.ini and it only has the info on how many mobs can bet set and how to set it by name. There are no names listed except the examples. Since the MaxZradius handles elevation, I have actually lowered it to 30 to see if it stops trying to pull mobs in rooms down the ramp. It does seem to be working at 30.

Let's say that I have four mobs right beside the camp in a diamond formation, it will bypass the first 3 mobs (even though it targeted the mob and said it was pulling it doesn't) and goes for the 4th (farthest mob away from camp) so I then pull 4 mobs instead of 2 mobs (they are close together and both aggro - not tied together though). Pulling 4 mobs is not the issue as I can handle them (or more) very easily even with the issues I have since this is a 93-98 area. But I this can't happen if I wish to go to higher level zones where I can't currently handle 4 of them, say Frontier Mountains or GMM for example. This is definitely a big concern for me to move to different areas. I will try using bow but this particular area the mobs summon so I was trying not to pull with damage hence the Refute for Power spell.

I have changed the MaxRadius=1500 and that does to seem to be a bit better. Question on this, in the group window I have number on the right side which changes. I am assuming that is the distance I am away from my group members correct? If so I have mobs I am trying to pull that are over 1000 away from group when I do it manually. This is why I changed it to 1500. If you remember Halls of Honor zone the zone was large and mobs pretty far apart with static and roamers, this is what it is like in Replended Temple.

I have attached some cropped pictures with MQ2 window and MQ2Nav pulling the 4 closest to my camp.

Buffs casting over and over:
Thanks for the information but I was able to find that out last night after i posted here from Almar's guide and got it corrected with adding Dual and the Name of the buff.

DPS section Refute:
I changed this to what you are using and will try it out.

Conditions:
I will take a look at eqmule's wizard .ini to try it out since I do have one in the group.

Thanks for all the information and I will be trying this out and seeing if there are other issues still happening.

Attachments

• EQ000048.jpg
    EQ000048.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 13
  • EQ000049.jpg
    EQ000049.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 13
  • EQ000050.jpg
    EQ000050.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 11
Edit: NM it's probably this typo in ini I missed - Refute for Power II: Doh, change this to just Refute for Power. KA will handle ranks on it's own and "Refute for Power II" will wind up being not found. Refute for Power rk II I think is the format, but you don't need it.
INI:
DPS17=Refute for Power|99|Cond9
PullWith=Refute for Power

Sorry, change this to just 0 which does a 360 degree pull. I didn't type that clearly above.
INI:
PullArcWidth=0

I see what you're saying. You have the 4 mobs around that fountain. The puller announces they're pulling the close one, then the next one, but doesn't go after them. Then it announces the farther one and does go pull it. (edit: So what was going on was KA was attempting to cast the pull spell, not finding it due to the typo above, then cycling to next mob. On the final mob, that one was out of LoS, so it ran in and got prox aggro.)

Try turning on Debug in KA. You'll get extra messages in the MQ2 window about what KA is trying to do at each phase. Once KA is running, "/debug on"

Maybe the mesh isn't complete near those mobs? You can check if you invis, run "/nav ui" and checkbox "render navigation mesh" then walk around near those mobs. If that's the issue, you may see missing tiles around them. I tend to just move to another camp if I'm having an issue pulling certain mobs, or use PullArcWidth to cut that camp out of my pull area. You could manually try to fix that in the mesh editor though it's honestly a little tricky. You could remake the mesh with different settings like the toon size to let it get closer to obstacles like the fountain. For popular zones you could also ask around Discord/forums in case somebody already fixed the camp spot.

Last edited:
Problem - Newbie needs help (of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back