• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - [Newbie] Hunter Macro / Guide (1 Viewer)

UltimaStealth

RedCents
70¢
Hi everyone!

This is my first post. I am new to EQ. I was wondering if there is a certain hunter macro I should use? A friend that has been playing this game for ages wasn't aware of PocketFarm and I have had a few issues with it. Are there other hunting macros?

I also am unlike a bunch of people here, in that I am only using one account. Where is a good zone for a Beastlord/Pally to farm plat?, Is there any link to level guides, like hunt this mob in this zone for 5-10 levels then go to next?

pocketfarm.mac is kinda not meant for farming exp, but more for farming materials or plat you might need for crafting and such later on. when the mobs become trivial and such.

you should try looking into the guide that @drwhomphd is working on, he has been leveling from start and documenting his findings and such, its very cool i think, and it should give you ideas even if you only play a single toon or a duo.

pocketfarm.mac is kinda not meant for farming exp, but more for farming materials or plat you might need for crafting and such later on. when the mobs become trivial and such.

you should try looking into the guide that @drwhomphd is working on, he has been leveling from start and documenting his findings and such, its very cool i think, and it should give you ideas even if you only play a single toon or a duo.

Thanks @kaen01! I'll have an update when I get the chance with a section on PocketFarm as well based on an instance I found it very useful. I suggest sticking with PocketFarm if there are very specific items you need and you know the mobs that drop them. Using it with my guide... and @kaen01's suggestions on plat farming: you could have pocket farm specifically target Hill Giants in rathe when you're level appropriate.

Farming macros won't be as effective as KA and combat plugins so I'd avoid them for leveling.

You can use kissassists 'hunter' mode, /mac kissassist hunter and that may work for you.

It really depends on what level your beastlord/pally is. I'm guessing around 30 based on your comment on the almar's paladin guide but I could be wrong.

I can give a short guide from 30+ if you need, there is also Almar's guides https://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/

Welcome to EQ!
I would love a 30+ guide for leveling, a plat one would be cool too hah. I appreciate the fast response!

Here's a quick guide, if there's enough interest I can try and write up a more official one:

DISCLAIMER: I don't like dungeons for 6 boxing. MQ2Nav doesn't seem to like them, so I avoid it.

1-18: Field of Bone.
At level 1 take all your chars (or just the 1+merc) to Field of Bone. Pocketfarm is great for this area, esp with more than one toon as they assist each other (for the most part). Stay near the PoK book until about level 5 depending on your gear (I picked up more than enough defiant to deck myself out decently).
1573843915958.png
At level 5ish take your group to the ramp into the "pit" near the succor point. You want to be a bit inside the ramp, this is where I stopped using pocketfarm and started using KA. Set up a minimal KA which will basically be a pulling spell and assisting with melee at this point. The next picture will detail where I went with level labels.

1573844198687.png

The next area I chose was Palaudal Caverns. With a 6 box this was a cakewalk, moloing it will again depend on your gear.

Honestly, any bandit camp is good. Pictures in the future. This area is good to about 25.

Work in progress, but of note for the future:
Grimling Forest: 25-45
Iceclad Ocean: 30-40
Maiden's Eye: 45-55
Plane of Nightmare: 51-60(ish)
Plane of Innovation: 55-60(ish)

Here's a quick guide, if there's enough interest I can try and write up a more official one:

DISCLAIMER: I don't like dungeons for 6 boxing. MQ2Nav doesn't seem to like them, so I avoid it.

1-18: Field of Bone.
At level 1 take all your chars (or just the 1+merc) to Field of Bone. Pocketfarm is great for this area, esp with more than one toon as they assist each other (for the most part). Stay near the PoK book until about level 5 depending on your gear (I picked up more than enough defiant to deck myself out decently).
View attachment 18317
At level 5ish take your group to the ramp into the "pit" near the succor point. You want to be a bit inside the ramp, this is where I stopped using pocketfarm and started using KA. Set up a minimal KA which will basically be a pulling spell and assisting with melee at this point. The next picture will detail where I went with level labels.

View attachment 18318

The next area I chose was Palaudal Caverns. With a 6 box this was a cakewalk, moloing it will again depend on your gear.

Honestly, any bandit camp is good. Pictures in the future. This area is good to about 25.

Work in progress, but of note for the future:
Grimling Forest: 25-45
Iceclad Ocean: 30-40
Maiden's Eye: 45-55
Plane of Nightmare: 51-60(ish)
Plane of Innovation: 55-60(ish)

Would love to see your quick guide for levels 60-80. I'm at 75 right now with my second group, and it's slowed down to a crawl. I'm trying to get to 80, so I can PL them with my other group. No aa's at the moment.

To the OP: I've been leveling primarily in TSS zones like goru mesa, brightfire, etc. It seemed alright up until 60ish when it really started to slow down

Would love to see your quick guide for levels 60-80. I'm at 75 right now with my second group, and it's slowed down to a crawl. I'm trying to get to 80, so I can PL them with my other group. No aa's at the moment.

To the OP: I've been leveling primarily in TSS zones like goru mesa, brightfire, etc. It seemed alright up until 60ish when it really started to slow down

I'm writing up an official guide now https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/terits-bad-gear-leveling-guide-wip.70295/

Last edited:
There are quite a few guides out there for the most part Cresent Reach and surrounding areas will be great. Cresent reach 1-10 kill bears, cats, spiders, and what not right there.. 10+ You can go north to hit 20, at 20 then go into brightfire and kill bushes out by the hive till 25ish.. then till 35 you can kill bee's at the ent to the hive.. Next till 45ish you can kill in goruka mesu killing bears, snakes, spiders, giants, and wolves, then its POI till 55, decay till 60, then i go to dragonscale hills farm till 70-75. to get 80 you will need oceangreen hills.. all these places are easy kills and great exp

Just did 1 to 40 last night. Cresent to 21, sola to 40. For cresent did snakes, drakes, and spiders till mostly darkblue, then moved across the bridge towards the farm and did bears, drakes, and cats. From there went to skeletal ogres (might want to do mucktails first) from 14 to 21. Then i hit the baz and bought the toons some defiant junk for wayyyyy too much. Then ventured to SolA from 21 to 28 I did goblines, and 28 to 40 I did clockworks. Haven't decided where to go next. Only toon I'm likely to keep is the enchanter as I already have the others.

Just did 1 to 40 last night. Cresent to 21, sola to 40. For cresent did snakes, drakes, and spiders till mostly darkblue, then moved across the bridge towards the farm and did bears, drakes, and cats. From there went to skeletal ogres (might want to do mucktails first) from 14 to 21. Then i hit the baz and bought the toons some defiant junk for wayyyyy too much. Then ventured to SolA from 21 to 28 I did goblines, and 28 to 40 I did clockworks. Haven't decided where to go next. Only toon I'm likely to keep is the enchanter as I already have the others.
Thanks for the help!

Question - [Newbie] Hunter Macro / Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back