• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

newb questions (1 Viewer)

micswym

RedCents
I haven't really used macros or more specifically MQ2DoCrack because of a lack of understanding, so I'm looking for clarification.
In the MQ2DoCrack.ini is a list of macros(?). Are these automatically loaded with DoCrack or is there something else I have to do to get these to work? One that I'd like to use is the talk no group one. I wasn't sure if the programming language is in the dll, because the regular macros have all the {} stuff but I can't see any of that for DoCrack.

Also I'd like to know how to use bzsrch, I've searched here and the macroquest2 site, and I found something saying to do /mac bzsrch, but there is no such mac in my macros folder. I also saw a post where someone was doing a search with:
/bzsrch "bone chips"
/echo ${Bazaar.Count} (15)
/echo ${Bazaar.Item[1].Name} (crash)

The second:
/bzsrch "bone chips"
/echo ${Bazaar.Count} (16)
/echo ${Bazaar.Item[1].Name} (barbed bone chips)
/echo ${Bazaar.Item[0].Name} (crash)

I haven't found anything explaining how to do this.

Could someone explain these things for me? Sorry for my lack of understanding. I have tried searching here, macroquest2, and even a little on forever-hacking, but get too many 'finds'. Mainly every new compile. Narrowing the search hasn't helped any.

Thanks for any info you can give,
micswym

I've also tried the tribute.mac, but can't get it to start where it stopped (i.e. it finds something I'm not interested in, the I restart, and it stops on the same thing). Also just found a mac written by ieatacid that I haven't tried yet, so not sure how well it works.

Last edited:
Just to clear a few higher level things up.

Macro (these are found in your [mq2_folder]\macros folder, .mac extension)
- Uses a homebrew programming language made by the folks over at mq2
- Can only use pre defined commands that have been created in the macro programming language
- Less powerful, quicker to learn

Plugin (this is MQ2DoCrack, they usually start with MQ2 and are .dll files)
- Written in C++
- Can use any element of any structure to reference stats, hps, mana etc..
- Can directly call methods on objects (just as shooting an arrow [ranged method from player object])
- More powerful of the two, but harder to learn
- Usually created with the mkplugin.exe utility, then the skeleton is modified
- Requires a C++ compiler (Visual Studio 6 or .Net 2003, some people are able to use VS 2005 Express I believe, but I have never tried it)

These are just a few differences, so the answer to a few of your questions..

In the MQ2DoCrack.ini is a list of macros(?)
No, the MQ2DoCrack.ini file has a list of memory offsets and what to do with them. DoCrack only changes memory locations, directly modifying EQ gameplay (such as changing your weight to 16 stones).

I wasn't sure if the programming language is in the dll, because the regular macros have all the {} stuff but I can't see any of that for DoCrack.
See above, MQ2DoCrack is a plugin, therefore it is compiled C++ code.

As with all of my posts, I no longer play EQ, so this could have changed so much it could be entirely wrong =) ... but I doubt it.

newb questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back