• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Macro - new user need help (1 Viewer)

Koubla

RedCents
10¢
Hi,
I just watched the tutorial on downloading and installing. Now when i load in to eq i get to the character screen i see 2 windows then i get booted to desktop. not sure where to start.
Cheers.

what server are you trying to connect to?

what windows do you get when you say "see two windows?

are you getting a crash box saying that it crashed?

bertox, not sure what the windows are i dont get a chance to read anything befor it dissapears and i end up back at desktop.
can you check in your mq2->release->logs folder and see if you have any ".dmp" files in there?
if so PM me one of them

there was a patch earlier yesterday for eq and mq2 (i see you have updated mq2), but have you updated everquest?

one of the windows say recent changes to mq2 with a load of text but couldnt read it befor booted to desktop, and the other window is blank but its title mq2 i think.

one of the windows say recent changes to mq2 with a load of text but couldnt read it befor booted to desktop, and the other window is blank but its title mq2 i think.
ok - those sound like the normal mq2 windows you would see at the char select screen.

can you let me know about anything in that logs folder?

after that we will want to open up your mqacroquest2.ini
which you can get to by right clicking on your macroquest2 icon
1592473772546.png

Then we will want to go down to file about half way to the [Plugins] section, and we want to make sure some stuff is turned off

good set of plugins as minimum:
mq2autologin=1
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2easyfind=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2ic=1
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2nav=1

set everything else to 0 and we can go from there (we might even want to set mq2nav and mq2easyfind to 0 for the time being)

i dont see a logs folder. I was playing eq about 2 hours ago after the update. a friend convinced me to try this to help with boxing.
Folders i see in release are configs, macros, mq2nav, uifiles, utilities, no log files.

did a fresh install. same problem, guess it doesnt like my computer.
what windows version are you running?

are you fully updated with windows updates?

drivers updated?

.net 3.5?

if you have some free time today PM me and i'll see if i can remote in and we can work through it together

Macro - new user need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back