• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - new user help please (1 Viewer)

lukenbill941

RedCents
157¢
Was a user many years ago and alot has changed. Setting up the updater and compile seemed easy enough, as was setting it up to bypass the launcher. When I use the bypass launcher it seems to start loading ok
but then it just times out. My username is allready in the username place so I guess I did that all correct I am just not sure what I am doing wrong. Is this the only way to use mq2 now with eq ? By bypassing the normal launcher ? anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

older computer, windows xp if that makes a diff

I am actually experiencing this problem as well however I only experience it on one of three accounts. All on same computer. 2 accounts load just fine but one account will not load when trying to bypass launcher and its always the same account so needless to say I havent used that account much lately. Not sure what that cause is because the other two load no problem every time. If anyone has any information regarding this I would be interested as well in knowing.

Also older computer but Vista OS

you can log into game normally then shrink EQ and start MQ2.
just check that the MQ2 icon isn't in your tool bar if it is just right click and exit. or it wont let you start launcher.

Last edited:
you can log into game normally then shrink EQ and start MQ2.
just check that the MQ2 icon isn't in your tool bar if it is just right click and exit. or it wont let you start launcher.

The EQ SOE launcher does have spyware in it fyi thats looks for hacking and mq2. Thats why MQ2 won't let it run.

Wild guess here but... When you start EQ normally you can have your password saved. If you use .patchme you have to type your password in. If you type in an incorrect password you get a timed out message.

Request - new user help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back