• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to Red Guides but used MQ2 years ago (1 Viewer)

deadbox

RedCents
140¢
First off let me say that I want to return to EQ because I played it well over 8 years and enjoyed the crap out of it. Towards the end, I found a buddy on the same server and we started grouping up and used MQ2 together.

TLDR: Since I've been away, I've gotten a new computer so I don't have my character UI with all the spell sets saved and AA's saved on the hotbars. Only care about getting a UI for the necromancer, which is level 110. My friend says he isn't coming back to EQ, so I'll just be using the necro unless people on the forums here convince me to go back to 3 boxing the wizard, mage and bard.

He wrote all the scripts, had our group nearly unbeatable for group content and named. Doing missions was a little bit harder as we didn't have the characters move on command, manually moving 6 toons each time.The 6 toon group was made of me boxing wizard, mage and bard. While my friend was boxing cleric, wizard and wizard(sometimes his necro). All of these characters were level 110 with thousands of AA's and end game gear. We were killing trash mobs under 20 seconds and killing nameds super fast. We had to add a "wait" percentage to the three wizards (or 2 wizards and one necro) until the mob was at 96-98% health so the mage pet could keep agro. On named, he had the wizards to use their AA's and big spells to attempt to create a "big punch" nuke. This nuke some times got the wizard summoned and some times it'd take off well over 10% of the nameds HP.

Looking forward to hearing the comments and suggestions.

Years ago I had written some basic looping scripts that behaved similarly, but today I'd really recommend you at least give KissAssist a try, as it's all pre-built and just needs you to fill out the INI file for your toon(s). There's a bit of a learning curve, but it's not terrible, and you can probably find some INIs in the resource section to get your started if you don't want to fill one out from scratch.

First off let me say that I want to return to EQ because I played it well over 8 years and enjoyed the crap out of it. Towards the end, I found a buddy on the same server and we started grouping up and used MQ2 together.

TLDR: Since I've been away, I've gotten a new computer so I don't have my character UI with all the spell sets saved and AA's saved on the hotbars. Only care about getting a UI for the necromancer, which is level 110. My friend says he isn't coming back to EQ, so I'll just be using the necro unless people on the forums here convince me to go back to 3 boxing the wizard, mage and bard.

He wrote all the scripts, had our group nearly unbeatable for group content and named. Doing missions was a little bit harder as we didn't have the characters move on command, manually moving 6 toons each time.The 6 toon group was made of me boxing wizard, mage and bard. While my friend was boxing cleric, wizard and wizard(sometimes his necro). All of these characters were level 110 with thousands of AA's and end game gear. We were killing trash mobs under 20 seconds and killing nameds super fast. We had to add a "wait" percentage to the three wizards (or 2 wizards and one necro) until the mob was at 96-98% health so the mage pet could keep agro. On named, he had the wizards to use their AA's and big spells to attempt to create a "big punch" nuke. This nuke some times got the wizard summoned and some times it'd take off well over 10% of the nameds HP.

Looking forward to hearing the comments and suggestions.
Welcome back kissassist is my best friend.

Welcome back

You'll likely find that things have advanced quite a bit since you were last around 8 years ago. There's many options to assist you in playing your group (or even an entire raid force if you're after a challenge).
As others have mentioned Kissassist is a good place to start when you're thinking about automating a group of character. Wizard Mage and Bard would be an interesting group. But I think you'll find late game that the mage's pet isn't going to stand up to most group combat as your sole means of tanking. Specifically meaning for missions and such. A real tank and a real healer will go a long way to really get your toons going in the right direction. Then you might as well throw in one more DPS and add the necro to the group!

When we were using MQ2, we had to compile it and run the MQ2Auth.h on every computer that was going to be running the software. Then if plugins were broken because of patch, we'd have to wait until someone fixed the plugin and posted it on the forums unless my friend was able to figure out what was broken and fix it.

Does this process still take place or does red guides provide a pre-compiled zip? If I can find my old macros, would they still work with red guides compiled version of MQ2? If not, it sounds like, KissAssist would be my best chance at getting the characters to perform their best when killing and using their abilities.

Kind regards,
Deadbox

When we were using MQ2, we had to compile it and run the MQ2Auth.h on every computer that was going to be running the software. Then if plugins were broken because of patch, we'd have to wait until someone fixed the plugin and posted it on the forums unless my friend was able to figure out what was broken and fix it.

Does this process still take place or does red guides provide a pre-compiled zip? If I can find my old macros, would they still work with red guides compiled version of MQ2? If not, it sounds like, KissAssist would be my best chance at getting the characters to perform their best when killing and using their abilities.

Kind regards,
Deadbox
updates are pretty quick these days, nothing like in yesteryears

updates are pretty quick these days, nothing like in yesteryears
You are correct, sir! I just did a monthly sub. Downloaded the launcher and was impressed with how easy it was to configure and setup. Watched your quick 3 minute on YouTube for the launcher, great stuff man.

Thanks for the assistance.

Welcome Back/ This is a great community. Very helpful people here. I dont do the whole forum/website thing on anything else.. but i am on this site anytime im at my computer.

Watch the videos. they are very helpful. I think Someone broke them down a bit on one of the forums here. Pretty sure someone can point to it. I will go look for it myself

Anyway, wb and good luck.

"Multi boxing Everquest: The red Guide Videos" .. Public knowledge section

Question - New to Red Guides but used MQ2 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back