• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

New Progression Server (1 Viewer)

dani3lnp

RedCents
anyone have some ideas about macroing and such on the new server?

Bard macs without any twink or buffs or anything?

any ideas at all, just stirring up convo about the new server

I get the feeling that this will have a wildly different eqgame.exe, different structs, yada yada...long story short, I doubt MQ2 will support this server.

no not yet, it will get beta'd first, probably in a couple weeks then shortly after released...i don't know why they would need to change the executable that much though, but then im a rookie so :confused:

I don't think they will have a diff exe for it. The reason being people don't want to have to patch to change servers, the only solution is the beta solution, completely different log in server and everything... I don't think SoE will shell out for that, considering it will be populated at first by more than their current servers hold.

yea they won't be changing the login server, it will just be added to the list along with the legends and newbie server, i think there will be 2 at least of the new progressions types...1pvp 1non-pvp far as i can tell, its still not very set in stone yet, at all so we'll just have to wait and see

Just LOOK at what is going to be planned. They're going to go back to Pre-Kunark. They're going to add a shit ton of new events, and change the way that progression between the expansions works.

There's either going to have to be a separate .exe, OR they're going to have to just tack all of those changes directly into a patched exe for all of the servers...which would be a logistical nightmare.

Dont know Legends didnt require that, it had heavy GM involvement. They could open locked zones and things like that though. You could have all the stuff available using the same exe...just make it locked out until certain things are done.

Just because it uses the same exe, doesn't mean the servers have to have the same expansions and shit. That's about the extent of my knowledge about exe's, so I'll quit while I'm ahead.

The only thing I know for sure is that it's going to be near impossible to go around macro exp'ing...afk anyways. The areas will be very dense with players, so if mq does work there, you're going to have to be very subtle about anything you do.

Just reread the first post and wanted to add this:

Bards can't afk macro for shit until 40+. Sure, you can do the kite+DD thing, but it would take so long that it wouldn't be worthwhile unless you were afk-kiting, which will be near impossible to do without being petitioned until more expansions open up.

Your best bet will be to get a group together, of your own or with other people who use MQ and set up macros so most of the group can run their chars afk, and just leave the tank/puller as the person who is always non-afk. That way, you can either run it yourself, or if you have friends, you can all take turns exp'ing for certain times. It's going to be hard to hold camps with just classic eq.

Rashere wrote:
The progression server uses the same code as any other server, so there aren't any differences in systems between this server and any other one. Experience will be the same on the progression server as it is currently on normal servers.

Rashere

shouldn't be any problems with macroquest on the new servers

New Progression Server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back