• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

New Guides Section Idea: Project Entropia (1 Viewer)

Sendark

RedCents
Hello everyone,

I joined Redguides only yesterday and can already see that it is an excellent community of people committed to developing and releasing wonderful guides for popular MMORPGs - guides which include faster leveling, better earnings and, well, gaining a... ahem, unconventional competitive edge!

However, one game that I feel is sorely missing from this list is the diamond in the rough known as Project Entropia. A sci-fi MMORPG with atrocious graphics and rather unorthodox gameplay, its main distinction lies in the fact that the game's currency is freely convertible into IRL cash and back, making the game a potential money earner for those who what they are doing. In fact, the game made the headlines a few months ago when a piece of real estate was sold for $100,000 (I'm not sure about the exact amount, but it was something completely ludicrous).

For obvious reasons, making money off Project Entropia is extremely challenging - however, unlike WoW and other MMORPGS out there, converting your earnings into IRL cash is perfectly legal. Clearly, not many people would be willing to disclose their ways of making money off PE, and that is why I thought that Project Entropia could be an excellent game to cover in your money-making guides.

Furthermore, I feel it also makes excellent sense from the financial point of view - since PE lets you convert in-game cash into IRL cash and since Redguides provides the means to earn PE cash in exchange for a subscription fee, I can see a lot of people agreeing to sign up to Redguides, since they will treat is as an investment of sorts.

Regards,
Sendark

PE is a very difficult game to make sense of, and the general consensus seems to be that you either have to be very lucky or very smart to earn any money off it. Hopefully, a dedicated guide section to Project Entropia will help a handful of people who do read Red Guides to make money off the game - after all, the number of people who pay for the subscription is a handful as compared to the total population of the game.

New Guides Section Idea: Project Entropia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back