• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New group (1 Viewer)

Wurmdal

RedCents
980¢
Hello, I'm envisioning starting a new group. I'd like a melee group, totaly different from my current melee group. I also want to use as many CWTN plugins as I can, except maybe for the tank because I'd like a Paladin (never played one). So that would be Paladin, Cleric, Chanter, Rogue, Monk, plus another rogue/monk. My question is which is better DPS between these two ? Also any other advices are welcome.

No CTWN for Ranger, so if you are stuck to that idea then another Rogue.

I'm running PAL/CLR/ENC/MAG/RNG/WIZ on my B-Team myself, RGMercs for pally and wiz, and Kissassist for the Ranger. It works, but kinda on the slow side (at level 110 without max AA or proper augs of course)

what's your current group that you want to be totally different from? I started to write some things, but realized it's probably what you already have
edit: also, do you already own some cwtn plugins and are you open to buying more? i.e. I won't recommend a zerk if you already own mq2rogue and don't want to spend anymore.

My current group is SK, SHM, BST, BRD and BER x2. And I don't care spending a bit more. To be clear, I love this group and would continue playing it if there was more content. With the T2 crafted stuff they killed the fun. Once you are full geared with this stuff, you have no incentive to go kill stuff in the T2 zones. I did missions, with all achievements, I've maxed my Hdex...etc. Now I'm doing old content to have Heroic AA but it's boring and tricky sometime.

so my first thought was pal/clr might be overkill, but it's definitely safe. If you wanted to try and squeeze out some more dps you could probably do alright with a druid, especially paired with a chanter. I feel like I keep hearing monks are in an ok, but not great place so I'd probably do a second rogue rather than a second monk. Unless you wanted a ranger like @Diebold666 mentioned, though you're stuck with KA for that. I use an ini I picked up here that is fine, but definitely doesn't feel like it maxes the ranger potential like the CWTN plugins do for other classes.

I assume chanter is there for cc and simply because you already have a bard, but keep in mind he's not really gonna do much for your group other than cc, poor dps, and the occasional heal twincast. That's partly why I suggested druid. Chanters were amazing right up until somewhere in the EoK/RoS era when their dots got nerfed to hell and is why I eventually shelved mine. They seem to be a favorite target of devs when they get swinging with the nerf bat :(.

my ranger is... fine lol. I mean it doesn't help that he's under-AA'd and under-auged and I'm comparing him to my max AA zerker and rogue, but I'm sure he's ok. The ini I found here included some utility stuff that I think probably gets in the way of his dps (casts nature's balance, etc), but I'm too lazy to try and fix it since it comes in handy every now and then.

I'm almost positive the KA bard ini I use is Sic's and it does great for me. Maybe give that one a shot?

Question - New group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back