• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

New Dupe and Un-Attuning Items (1 Viewer)

xierra

RedCents
I have noticed a huge influx of gems on some out of the way vendors. By huge I mean 1000+ Black Sapphires on one vendor. Is there a new Dupe out?

I have also seen people mention un-attuning items, who can do this currently?

I parsed an endgame pally with 2.5 and eulogy (however you spell it) on undead in direwind, and they still dont come close to a berserker. I think on one mob the pally managed to get over 1k dps, the rest were in the 800 range, equal zerker was maintaining 1300 dps, and bursting over 3k dps. I would take 6 berserkers to CoD instead and make 75k an hour lol.

You seem to forget that Berserkers can't self heal, and thus will eventually need to take a break; whereas a group of paladins in CoD (especially with a group heal procing weapon) will be able to kill indefinately.

dobey said:
I parsed an endgame pally with 2.5 and eulogy (however you spell it) on undead in direwind, and they still dont come close to a berserker. I think on one mob the pally managed to get over 1k dps, the rest were in the 800 range, equal zerker was maintaining 1300 dps, and bursting over 3k dps. I would take 6 berserkers to CoD instead and make 75k an hour lol.
Thats funny, on undead raid encounters we do, Pallies are usually near the top, just under wizzies. Pallies usually fall into the 1500 DPS range or so. Maybe the other pally just didnt know what he was doing, or had to stop to heal himself.

I'd like for you to give us some of the wheaties your pallies are eating. Our paladins top out right at 1k dps on undead raids with endgame gear and are still always behind our good zerkers, wizards, and rogues. The longer the fight, the further from 1kdps they get, generally stabilizing somewhere btw 800-900.

I checked the dps on our pallys on vule and all of them (without healing themselves) were in the 1100 range. The MT on vule was only at 900ish (self heals i think caused the lapse in dps). they blew everyone out of the water on dps. each one doing 350k+ to vule.

You need to pimpslap your real dps machines then because they're either slackin or suckin. At very least the dps classes should be drawing even ... ideally the dps classes should at very least be pulling even.

So what are the DPS classes supposed to be hitting for? I know as a bst I was around 500. I only parsed it once though.
I know we only had 1 rogue on that night and he was dead due to a bad click.

necros were pumping clerics so i can see there dps lacking

the only classes close to em were the mag/wiz at 800 or so for entire fight. (they run out of mana, evac, med to full, then go again if someone dies) burst DPS was crazy on em though.

All the FD classes were on the click team so no DPS there.

The pallys were the only ones who were constant DPS. As a bst I made sure to keep fero on them. im sure rogues would keep up with them if he would of stayed alive.

I don’t know if that was necessary. We took down Vule with under 40 which i thought was good. Some were boxed even. I love my guild and we very rarely wipe. We are the top of our server and i consider it an honor that they backflag peeps on this event.

On a side note "blown away" was an over exaggeration a bit. I was just surprised on how much damage they were doing on a "raid" type mob. Pallys are not usually a "DPS" class. I freaked when i saw the numbers is all. Pally's finally win one.

I parse 24/7 and have for over a year. My job is dps. I play an endgame zerk and if I am under 2000 dps I feel like I let people down. DPS really depends on the fight, and it goes without saying I can be gimped hard if I am not in a dps group (sham/bard/rog/zerk/monk/whatever). For xping I can run 1400 to 1500 all day long without discing. Older stuff we do where we are just playing around and I am ok to go nutts I can get over 3000 dps on short fights like hanvar shyra ect where they are pinned good.

I consider dps classes Rogue/Zerk/Necro/wiz tops and Monks/Mages/Warriors as decent dps. Dont get me wrong all those can be higher or lower than anyother on any given fight, but when you parse the entire raid and see who did what for 5 hours straight the truth comes out. In all that I dont see pallies anywhere, hell I see clerics higher on the raid dps lists than pallies. Not pallies fault, sony gimped the shit out of them, and I played pally as my main for 2 years, but when GoD came out I went berserker, and never looked back.

haha before the monks kill me, yeah they are right up there, but if they are doing there job (pulling IMHO) they are lower on overall raid dps because they are working.

New Dupe and Un-Attuning Items

Users who are viewing this thread

Back