• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

networking question (1 Viewer)

shawnb88

RedCents
trying to set up network between my computer and another... mine is 2000 pro other is xp pro.. connected by a router downstairs with another comp by it(but that one doesnt need the networking) please help... any help is awesome.. thanks

it shouldnt be that hard. windows has been much better at helping with networking. you should be able to run the networking wizard (go to my network places and add a network). Run it on the first computer, make a name for the network (HOME or something) then run it on the second computer having it connect to the same workgroup (HOME) and there should be no problem.

Best to start it on the XP machine, you'll need the XP CD for the 2000 machine. You might also want to consider AOL networking magic, which is surprisingly pretty good.

yea, as Badpuss said. Im running XP on both machines so I didnt have a problem. But when you run it on the XP machine, at the end of the networking wizard on the XP machine, you have like 4 or 5 choices at the end, to run the wizard on the other machine; use windows CD, create boot disk, continue without running on other computer, that kind of crap. but I have had no problem using the networking wizard, but then again, im not that computer savvy lol.

ss44 said:
yea, as Badpuss said. Im running XP on both machines so I didnt have a problem. But when you run it on the XP machine, at the end of the networking wizard on the XP machine, you have like 4 or 5 choices at the end, to run the wizard on the other machine; use windows CD, create boot disk, continue without running on other computer, that kind of crap.

You would choose the option 'run the wizard on the other machine', which is what you'd need the XP CD for if the other PC isn't running XP.

networking question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back