• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Need help with potion buff macro (1 Viewer)

tradertesla

RedCents
80¢
Based on scanning through macros I found on this site, I tried the following command...

/if (!${Me.Buff["Elixir of Clarity VIII"].ID} /potionbelt Activate 2

Where your Caster will suck down a Clarity potion every time the exisiting one drops. Got an error.

Oh, darn, didn't close the parenthesis. ~grin~ Sometimes it's useful just to ask the question, and you answer it yourself. Therefore...

/if (!${Me.Buff["Elixir of Clarity VIII"].ID}) /potionbelt Activate 2

Since I am already writing this post, I invite comments since I have yet to find any mention of maintaining potion-based buffs on this site. I'm at work, so don't yet know if this code will work. Would you perform an actrive check, or would you set up an event based on the "You're clarity of mind fades..." message, necessitating the initial check, but only once. And let's see if i can think of my other questions...

2) Guidelines in usage of /delay. I see that authors routinely sprinkle /delay 1s (or more) throughout their code. That makes sense right after setting off a non-instant action such as /target or "/sit on". But I also see it sometimes just before or after an If statement, etc. When should I use the /delay?

3) Is there any way to bail out of trouble without a death? I tried MQ2Quit last night at the first sign of taking aggro on my Wiz. The client logs show an instant drop, but I was still dead upon restart.

4) Has anyone ever kited underwater? Probably a stupid question, but PM me if you have any idea's there. I never actually tried it.

er, I can't think of anything else right now.

Thanks

P.S. Oh, I know...

5) What does #turbo do?

Last edited:
1. If you have a Spell_Routines.inc file try this one:

Rich (BB code):
/if (!${Me.Buff["Elixir of Clarity VIII"].ID})  {
   /call cast "Elikir of Clarity VIII" Item
}
/return

That way, if it's not in your potion belt for some reason it will still be clicked.

2. Some delay's are lag based delay's. MQ2 can process and do thing a lot faster then the internet can transmit them to the server (in some cases). Really it's a matter of trial and error in the debugging phase of a macro if it needs a delay or not.

3. If you hvae the warp plugin can do this, with a hot key in game:

Rich (BB code):
/warp succor
/pause 1
/keypress INSTANT_CAMP

This will warp you to the succor point, then use the Instant Camping function built into MQ2 (Note: It is CASE SENSITIVE, INSTANT_CAMP must be all caps)

4. With Macro kiting, or just because? Personally I hate water, maybe someone else can help you with this.

5. Straight from the MacroQuest2 Free WIKI:
#turbo [#] This will prevent bad macros from locking up the client by allowing you to limit the number of commands per iteration. The default is 20, while the maximum value is 40. A value of 1 will essentially disable #turbo.

#turbo is active with the default of 20 in all macros even if you do not use #turbo in your macro.

I use the instant camp, cause I just don't trust the zone commands. I don't even load up piggyzone into the compiles I make, just a personal preference thing though. /warp succor + /fade would also be a good one.

kaneda86 said:
/fade is rwarp only thing piggyzone is good for is the chainshift which i have never used anyways lol

Cosmic is the person who fixed fade. And put it in PiggyZone. Riddlerr took the code form piggyzone's /fade and put it in RWarp.

The /keypress works realy well, for those of you who want a fast escape, this borrowed from kenetix:

Rich (BB code):
VOID Succor(PSPAWNINFO pChar, PCHAR szLine)
{
   PZONEINFO TheZone = (PZONEINFO) pZoneInfo;
   static int once=0;
   if (once==1)
   {
      once=0;
      return;
   }
   once=1;

CHAR szMsg[MAX_STRING] = {0};

sprintf(szMsg,"Succoring...");
   WriteChatColor(szMsg,USERCOLOR_DEFAULT);
   char aa[100]="test";
   int heading = (int)pChar->Heading;
   pLEQ->DoTheZone(pChar->Zone,aa,0,0,TheZone->SafeY,TheZone->SafeX,TheZone->SafeZ,heading);
   return;
}

Tack that on to the bottom of your MQ2Rwarp (or piggyzone, I use with Rwarp), then add in

Rich (BB code):
AddCommand("/succor",Succor);
 ___
|and|

RemoveCommand("/succor");

In the right places. What /succor will do is fade you out, then fade you in at the succor point...just like a regular succor would do. Enjoy.

use this - it will work in instances and such

Rich (BB code):
VOID Succor(PSPAWNINFO pChar, PCHAR szLine)
{
    PZONEINFO TheZone = (PZONEINFO) pZoneInfo;
	CHAR szMsg[MAX_STRING] = {0};
	if (pChar->Instance != 0)
	{
		DestZone = *((int *)(&(pChar->Instance)-1));
	}
	else
	{
		DestZone = pChar->Zone;
	}
	sprintf(szMsg,"Succoring...");