• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Need help with auto AA purchasing (1 Viewer)

eyeknowy

RedCents
I am running an afk xp mac. My problem is that if it runs for more than about 4 hours unattended, I bank 30 AAs and it stops getting any more. I can stop the mac but that would be a waste of good afk time =). I was wondering if there is a way to purchase AAs as I go so that I dont hit the 30AA limit.

Any help is much appreciated.

are you level 70 and 99.70% into it. The easy way would be to put some of that in to real XP so you could be 71 when the expansion comes out.

There is a known way of obtaining more than 30 banked aa's; Shroud to a SpiritShroud, and run the macro... Then When you unshroud; You'll receive more than 30 aa's instead of just stopping.

Redcents appreciated.

Hell I've written macro's just to get Leadership XP!

I love it. It's nice when you've got a good puller who knows how to mark things and when you've got a mezzer.

I was looking into this a while ago when AFK XPing my druid (maxed in everything now), but I got stuck in the part where the macro should select a specific AA. The AA would merely get highlighted, not selected, so the buy key never got active.. I gave up after that :(

You can take a look at the thread here:
http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=8062

Okay, took a second look at it, I don't know if it will work since it's untested.

This macro should be easy to convert to using an INI file. Didn't wanna bother with parsing an INI file without testing it, and I only have a friends account to test on at the moment, too cheap to activate my own (I don't play currently) to test it out properly.

The 3 Tabs which have a questionmark at subarray 1 are pages I haven't been able to check, however logic tells me that one of them (probably Page/List 8) is the Veteran AA tab/page and 9 and 10 are the monster General and Abilities tabs/pages.

And oh yeah, if like it feel free to throw red cents my way, or even better, PM me that macro you're talking about ;) I won't share it. Would make me activate my account again and get my rogue some AA's for sure :) Then I could actually also test if this works.

Rich (BB code):
Sub Main
    /declare i          int     local   0
    /declare Tab        string  local   PoPAdvance
    /declare AA         string  local   Planar Power
    /declare Tabs[11,3] string  local
    /varset Tabs[1,1] General
    /varset Tabs[1,2] AAW_GeneralPage
    /varset Tabs[1,3] AAW_GeneralList
    /varset Tabs[2,1] Archetype
    /varset Tabs[2,2] AAW_ArchetypePage
    /varset Tabs[2,3] AAW_ArchList
    /varset Tabs[3,1] Class
    /varset Tabs[3,2] AAW_ClassPage
    /varset Tabs[3,3] AAW_ClassList
    /varset Tabs[4,1] PoPAdvance
    /varset Tabs[4,2] AAW_Page4
    /varset Tabs[4,3] AAW_List4
    /varset Tabs[5,1] PoPAbilities
    /varset Tabs[5,2] AAW_Page5
    /varset Tabs[5,3] AAW_List5
    /varset Tabs[6,1] GoD
    /varset Tabs[6,2] AAW_Page6
    /varset Tabs[6,3] AAW_List6
    /varset Tabs[7,1] OoW
    /varset Tabs[7,2] AAW_Page7
    /varset Tabs[7,3] AAW_List7
    /varset Tabs[8,1] ?
    /varset Tabs[8,2] AAW_Page8
    /varset Tabs[8,3] AAW_List8
    /varset Tabs[9,1] ?
    /varset Tabs[9,2] AAW_Page9
    /varset Tabs[9,3] AAW_List9
    /varset Tabs[10,1] ?
    /varset Tabs[10,2] AAW_Page10
    /varset Tabs[10,3] AAW_List10
    /varset Tabs[11,1] DoD
    /varset Tabs[11,2] AAW_Page11
    /varset Tabs[11,3] AAW_List11

/for i 1 to ${Tabs.Size}
        /if (${Tabs[${i},1].Equal[${Tab}]}) /goto :GotTab
    /next i

:GotTab
    /notify AAWindow ${Tabs[${i},3]} listselect ${Window[AAWindow].Child[AAW_Subwindows].Child[${Tabs[${i},2]}].Child[${Tabs[${i},3]}].List[${AA}]}
    /delay 5
    /notify AAWindow ${Tabs[${i},3]} leftmouseup ${Window[AAWindow].Child[AAW_Subwindows].Child[${Tabs[${i},2]}].Child[${Tabs[${i},3]}].List[${AA}]}
    /delay 5
    /if (${Window[AAWindow].Child[AAW_TrainButton].Enabled}) /notify AAWindow AAW_TrainButton leftmouseup
/return

Last edited:
You will need to change the numbers to the list number of the aa you want to buy. But add something like this into a Sub and have the sub called inbetween kills or exp or whatever. If you already have the aa it will move onto the next one. Open you AAWindow.xml file from you ui directory for the other list names, this is general and arch and class.

Rich (BB code):
Sub AAS
   /notify AAWindow AAW_GeneralList listselect 13
   /delay 4
   /notify AAWindow AAW_GeneralList leftmouse 13
   /delay 4
   /notify AAWindow AAW_TrainButton leftmouseup
   /delay 4
   /notify AAWindow AAW_GeneralList listselect 18
   /delay 4
   /notify AAWindow AAW_GeneralList leftmouse 18
   /delay 4
   /delay 4
   /notify AAWindow AAW_ArchList listselect 13
   /delay 4
   /notify AAWindow AAW_ArchList leftmouse 13
   /delay 4
   /delay 4
   /notify AAWindow AAW_ClassList listselect 4
   /delay 4
   /notify AAWindow AAW_ClassList leftmouse 4
   /delay 4
/return

Add the Red Cents if this helps, its what I use.

Any chance you PM me that macro your using thats getting aa's that fast?

I will be gone for the weekend so if you need more help I can help you when I get back. I might be by a computer a few times during the weekend, if so I will pop in and check

N

Digging around those XML files are a bitch, also figuring out which are childs of which can also be a bitch..

The following was a way to do it, but since I couldn't figure out how to do it recursively I had to manually edit it to do that for each child it found, to find the childrens children etc.
Rich (BB code):
Sub Main
    /declare Next   string  local
    /varset Next ${Window[AAWindow].FirstChild.Name}
    /echo -> ${Window[AAWindow].FirstChild.Name}
    :Loop
        /varset Next ${Window[AAWindow].Child[${Next}].Next.Name}
        /echo -> ${Window[AAWindow].Child[${Next}].Next.Name}
    /if (${Window[AAWindow].Child[${Next}].Next.Name.NotEqual[NULL]}) /goto :Loop
/return

Need help with auto AA purchasing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back