• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Need guidance for reading the list in task window (1 Viewer)

ctaylor22

RedCents
25,494¢
Can someone point me to a macro or some code for referencing and retrieving the Tasklist Items in the TaskSelectwnd that opens when you hail a Missions NPC.

I am wanting to select a specific task and then I also want to be able to check the timer on the active task in my current tasks window.

I want to automate dropping the task before it expires.

Thanks in advance

|/if (${Window[TaskWnd]}
|/keypress alt+q
|/windowstate TaskWnd open

|/notify TaskWnd TASK_TaskList listselect 1 = selects first task on list

|${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskList].List[1,2]} = Task name
|${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskList].List[1,3]} = Task Time Left

|${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskElementList].List[1,1]} = objective instructions for first line
|${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskElementList].List[1,2]} = status of first objective
|${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskElementList].List[1,3]} = zone of first objective

|${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_Description].Text} = body

To select task stuff:
|/echo ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskList].List[${i},2]}
/notify TaskWnd TASK_TaskList listselect ${i}

This is a .inc i have for a generic build your own task macro and how i remember to reference task related things. I have some notes inside it. I wrote it years ago, but the premise still applies. So that ini sets up all your task steps, the macro would fire the one you uncommented, and the include does all the leg work.

Attachments

• task.inc
    16.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Tasks.ini
    3.9 KB · Views: 24
  • test.mac
    734 bytes · Views: 34
Thanks man. What a great way to start a Saturday morning for the second time.

Ok. After trying for a few hours and not getting anywhere. I need to be able to do the samething you are doing with TaskWnd, but I need to do it with TaskSelectWnd. I have tried all the obvious things, but I can't get the .List[,] members do display anything but NULL.

I can Issue the /notify TaskSelectWnd TaskList ListSelect 2 and the second Task in the list is selected, but I can't figure out how to return the description from the List.

Thanks again. I learned alot from the include file.

Last edited:
I mentioned to him, but so others can benefit. All windows operate the same way. There is a tedious process that you can use to dig down into any window set. First you need your window tlo and datatype info so you know what to work with.

A list of some known windows to make your life easier:
http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/WindowsList

The TLO:
http://www.redguides.com/wiki/TLO:Window

Window datatype:
http://www.redguides.com/wiki/DataType:window

So using those handy dandy commands you can drill down. /windows open to see what is open, /window TaskSelectWnd should tell you all the sub components for that specific window. ${Window[TaskSelectWnd].Child[TaskList].List[x,y]} or ${Window[TaskSelectWnd].Child[TaskList].List[x]} if it has no columns will probably tell you what you want in your case just by looking at it. There may be some other hidden window that holds the info. They get complicated sometimes. But that is the general idea.

I know about the /windows and the /window command. Have tried everything except maybe the .List[x]. Will have to try that.

Those Links will help.

Thanks again.

OK sometimes I can amaze myself at being stupid. MQ2 evidently understands what a Window is, but hasn't a clue about a window.

hehe.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Question - Need guidance for reading the list in task window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back