• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

my macro contests continued... dain 5 (1 Viewer)

chance98

RedCents
71¢
want to be able to use this macro but it does not work ... using dain 5 it sets meds and waits for target over and over... anyone who can get this working i am trippling the award and offering a free 90 day game card or 3 thirty day ones... your choice... i have 5 toons need to be able to run this and get the exp while afk.. well goodluck all..

Here is everything and more of what you need this is what I used over and over and over and again when I was grinding them out. Its messy and dont want to hear about it :D BUT they did work almost flawlessly. I think I was using the one labled dain5 since I was running 5 toons. The heal code IS not Efficent and could be cleaned up but it did make sure CH's and spots were landing.

GL

-Nyght

Attachments

• Dain.zip
    134 KB · Views: 59
Have you tried a vanilla compile?

Also Unload every plugin except the ones required for the macro, I have had similar conflicts before.

I am leaving in a few till fri. Will try to check back if I get a connection tonight.

These macs are extremely touchy with the compile but once you get it, you will not stop for the next month hehe.

gotta question, i never did this mission so curious as to where i need to go to start it? and could some one give me the run down on how to use it? sorry im def new to this kinda macro

gotta question, i never did this mission so curious as to where i need to go to start it? and could some one give me the run down on how to use it? sorry im def new to this kinda macro

Founding Thurgadin

There s a small learning curve on the dain macros if you are new to mq2 but in short: Once you have all toons written into the begining of the main dain6 macro and all connected in EQBCS. All AA's purchased inside the mission on all toons this set of macros will run the mission for 3AA each every 40 min or so.

Also Chance98 This will be cool, I didint think I was gonna be able to reactivate part of my team for fabled...Woot woot.

now i only have 3 toons, i see the 6 is for 6 people... im not new to MQ but this kinda mac im new 2 and i ran it for like 3 hours sitting there watching it and i died over and over...

doing it with threee toons there is another version look in the forums it is there... but i never had any luck was always dying.... with 5 person its about a 95 percent sucess

The 3 Toon does work but Its soo close with healing with fighting warlord they would have too be tweaked almost to the point of your time lag with the server and one lucky round from warlord your toast. This was never a problem when Dain HAD 25k HP

the 6 toon can be 4toon 5toon 6toon all up too user but the more toons the more reliable

with some modifications and good aa spending, the 3 toon will work with about 95% success rate. I used it quite a bit until a week ago or so but the one i have is heavily modified.

anyone want to share where you put the aas... btw nighteyes ... your reward of gamecard numbers are in your box 3x30. grats man.. and i have one game card left so keep up the good work guys..

Run speed first for everyone. Defensive on Dain, DPS on Warrior, Resistances with zerker help him run from battle 1 more often, Mana pres also on Dain and Clerics along with improved healing for patch cleric.

Zerker doesnt even have many to begin with I dont recall. I'm Sure Agi helped a small amount on Dain but I dont think I ever put them in.

Best I got off the top of my head.

Also Thanks a ton Chance I was happy to be able to help.

anyone doing dain 5 macros make sure you take off familars.. i left one on and it really screwed with the mac to the point it tried to keep the outside buffs in the instance and would not let the macro run on that toon..

Rich (BB code):
Setup for this macro:
In dain6.mac or whatever you decided to call it:
Change #include Dain/ninjadvloot.inc to be the path to your ninjadvloot.inc
Changet the names of ###_________________________###
to be the toon names you will be using for the macro

Change variables dainPath and dainMacro to be the path to your dain macro and the macro name respectively.
Code:

#define def_dainPath_ Dain/
#define def_dainMacro_ dain6
#define def_useMQ2Melee_ TRUE

So if you put the files in a folder Dain change dainPath to Dain/ ensure you have the path separator
If you put all the files in your macro directory just remove the path declaration.

Ok...So where do I put the toons names ? WTF ?
Rich (BB code):
#event TTNONE "You do not currently have any task replay timers."
#event MONSTER "You have been assigned the task#*#"
#event ENTERING "#*#strange magical presence prevents#*#"
#event Dead "You have been slain by#*#"
#event Proceed "<#*#> ReadyToGo"
#event SM "<#*#> Selected Monster"
#event Looted "#*#have looted a#*#"
#event OthersLooted "#*#has looted a#*#"
#event Selection "#*#You have selected#*#"
#event IceWell "You have entered Icewell Keep#*#"
#event CheckEQBC "#*#Names: #1# #2# #3# #4# #5# #6#"
#event Uptime "This zone has been running for 00:00:#1#:#*#.

#define def_dainPath_ Dain/
#define def_dainMacro_ dain6
#define def_useMQ2Melee_ TRUE

I am guessing its the #*#'s ? Which char needs which ? I am boxing three, I have a fourth account but the bard is only 56 and or the mage I am going to keep to use is only 30 is there a level differance cap? Other toons are all high 70s.

So say my toons names are, Joe (Cleric) Bob (Dain) Doe (Zerker) would some one fill in the things for me or at least post if I am on the right Path for this. Sorry I am not being lazy I have spent three days reading into this and finally got EQBC working and every thing else now its time to play with the Macro.

Put names here and set # of toons

Rich (BB code):
/varset ToonCount 3

/varset ToonCle Joe
/varset ToonPal Bob
/varset ToonBer Doe
/if (${ToonCount} > 3) /varset ToonCla 
/if (${ToonCount} > 4) /varset ToonWar 
/if (${ToonCount} == 6) /varset ToonRog

o i ran this macro today and it worked fine then i logged off and chilled with some friends i come back to use it again and its not slecting monsters and when it does it will not path in the macro. what settings could be fucking with it? i run 5 accounts on 1 pc with the eqbc on the same pc

can this be modified to run 4 chars (2 on one pc and 2 on another.) and how would i add it into my compile? just copy and paste to the ini? thanks in advance

can this be modified to run 4 chars (2 on one pc and 2 on another.) and how would i add it into my compile? just copy and paste to the ini? thanks in advance

Sinbeen, if you have not figured this out yet: You do not need to modify this to run 4 toons even with seperate boxes except for putting your toon names into the macro as explained in a previous post. You do, however need to be familiar with EQBC so the toons can communicate between th boxes. If you are not familiar just do a search there is some good info on EQBC or go here http://www.redguides.com/wiki/MQ2EQBC

This is a macro so you do not need to compile it, Just copy and paste into you macros folder. I think that is what you are asking.

Good luck

Anyone have the other Dain missions macros they are willing to share? I wouldnt mind getting the aug out of this for my toons as well. I noticed that most of the people running the macro on my server are doing the other missions.

my macro contests continued... dain 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back