• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

@ mven (1 Viewer)

Execrate

RedCents
I've been lurking about these forums for about a week now. I havn't posted anything so I'm not one of the annoying unregistered guys. ;)

mven's talk about Vanguard made me want to go pick up a copy. So I did. I just wondered what server are you playing on mven?

I'm running on 31 hours without sleep... Sorry if this is so short.

colekutz: You have any good suggestions for a super brew coffee? Something that will make me go warp speed would be great right about now. :yea:

I actually haven't been playing many MMOs lately. When I do play Vanguard I am playing on Tharridon.

Hmmm...

The copy I picked up didn't have any kind of price drop on it.

I'd love to be able to post my opinion on the game, but I'm still patching...

The patcher on this thing may indeed be worse than the World of Warcraft patcher. :P

As much as I hate SOE for what they did to SWG, their launcher and patcher is actually pretty good. Just way too much crap to dl for you right now, lol.

Ultima Online had crappy patching. Maybe it was so bad because it was patched sometimes more than once a week.

This sounds at first glance sorta what I had been talking about on GWJ. Though there really aren't any details of the "how" they plan to do it. They get bonus points for it being sci-fi though. Too gd many pure fantasy games on the market as is.

One concern from reading through some of that is that in the interview the CEO mentions "End Game". In my opinion a good dynamic mmorpg wouldn't really have an "End Game". As it's pretty new it will be a couple of years before there is any decent info on this game. Hopefully they stick it out and don't fall into the trap of trying to please everyone and/or implement everything. The basic ideals he seems to have from the interview coincide with a lot of how I feel about these types of games which is also a plus in my self centered opinion : P

Yeah in 5 years when it comes out haha. I wish the dev cycle on these wasn't so incredibly long. It sucks getting excited about something and then realizing you may have to wait 4-5 years to actually experience it. I will be in my 30s when this comes out for christ's sake~

@ mven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back