• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Mq2slave (1 Viewer)

Kazandar

RedCents
I was at work when Ndawg slapped together that awesome compile and it showed a plugin called MQ2slave and said a little on how it worked. Well when I got home the list of plugins was gone from the compile, so my question is how do i get the Mq2slave to work? Also is my understanding of how it works wrong? From what I took from it, the plugin allows one char to control multiple others though tells. Now if this was the way it worked that would rock big time, because that would make 4 boxing a snap. Thanks in advance for anything you have to say in the matter, and I apologize if I did not look hard enough and I am a huge newb.

soujiro said:
I was at work when Ndawg slapped together that awesome compile and it showed a plugin called MQ2slave and said a little on how it worked. Well when I got home the list of plugins was gone from the compile, so my question is how do i get the Mq2slave to work? Also is my understanding of how it works wrong? From what I took from it, the plugin allows one char to control multiple others though tells. Now if this was the way it worked that would rock big time, because that would make 4 boxing a snap. Thanks in advance for anything you have to say in the matter, and I apologize if I did not look hard enough and I am a huge newb.

From Ndawg's commands document in the zip:

MQ2Slave - Allows you control a toon through tells with /commands.

Usage:
/addmaster <name> - Adds specified character as a master.
/remmaster <name> - Removes specified character as a master.

Ex. "/tell charname /say hi!"

Hmmm well, thanks for the help but is there any plugin/macro you have to use with it in order to take control of the character. I have my alt loaded with the slave plugin as well, but I can't seem to make him do anything. i tried the whole /tell Charname /say hello and nothing worked.

yeah thats the way it works, make sure its loaded and your INI for it is set correctly. You can set a couple hotkeys up to /tell Stiify /attack or whatever. I have assist attack and stick hotkeyed if i need to move somewhere I have my bots assist me with my self targeted and tell em /stick usually only have one bot or 2 bots going so not a big deal unless I see other people around then I use follow

I love slave & use it a lot to 2 box. I use it like this

/tell "toon" /keypress 1
on the toon i am controlling I have in hotkey 1:
/pause 4, /assist mt
/pause x, /cast #
/pause x, /cast #
ect
You can also add in /attack & /stick, if you are controlling a melee

Once you can get all the pauses down you can with one button from you main toon, get you second toon to start sequence of events.

It is pretty cool once you get both toons set up on this.

I used tells for a long time but it got to the point gm were getting smart and starting to ban people. I switched over to eqbc cause it's safe and with that it will not give the proof the GM's need to ban your acct. Without proof they cant do anything to your acct.

I been wanting to use EQBC but the documentation seemed a little fuzzy with setting up a port and all. Not sure how it will react with my firewall. Oh and before anyone gives me grief about having a firewall behind a DSL router, forget about it. I just got some kind of spyware bug or something. Now I get these funky damn popups and a spyware remover ad that always pops up tels me someone has hacked my account get thier product blah blah blah. Yeah I will be redoing everything on my home Comp soon. Oh and the reason that all that came about is that my antivirus and firewall were both on my secondary HD which took a dump on me the other day and let all that crap in during the 15 minutes that my comp was still running while that HD had crashed. Any way after that I will have to check out eqbc

Learningcurve said:
I been wanting to use EQBC but the documentation seemed a little fuzzy with setting up a port and all. Not sure how it will react with my firewall. Oh and before anyone gives me grief about having a firewall behind a DSL router, forget about it. I just got some kind of spyware bug or something. Now I get these funky damn popups and a spyware remover ad that always pops up tels me someone has hacked my account get thier product blah blah blah. Yeah I will be redoing everything on my home Comp soon. Oh and the reason that all that came about is that my antivirus and firewall were both on my secondary HD which took a dump on me the other day and let all that crap in during the 15 minutes that my comp was still running while that HD had crashed. Any way after that I will have to check out eqbc

Actually Learning, I am have the same problem as you as I play behind a firewall, but I am not sure at all how to get around the firewall issue and still use this program.

Mq2slave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back