• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2AutoLoot Feature Request (1 Viewer)

freeferli

RedCents
831¢
I am not sure if this is possible with the current plugin, but I had 2 ideas.

I would try to do it myself, but I do not know C++ very well.

1) Have a setting for completing a stack
I.e. if one of my characters has an incomplete stack of something, they should need on that item until the stack is complete.
That way I do not have 1 partial stack of every item on each character.

2) How do you deal with vendor trash items that do not stack?
I was thinking that either having a stack size plat minimum, if a full stack is less than some number say 20 plat, then don't loot it.
Or possibly do not loot non stacking items if you have less than N bag slots free.

I am not sure if this is possible with the current plugin, but I had 2 ideas.

I would try to do it myself, but I do not know C++ very well.

1) Have a setting for completing a stack
I.e. if one of my characters has an incomplete stack of something, they should need on that item until the stack is complete.
That way I do not have 1 partial stack of every item on each character.

2) How do you deal with vendor trash items that do not stack?
I was thinking that either having a stack size plat minimum, if a full stack is less than some number say 20 plat, then don't loot it.
Or possibly do not loot non stacking items if you have less than N bag slots free.

you can set an item to "quest" and then a number to keep

so if you wanted to collect 10 Sic-Fish-Cakes you would set that to Quest|10 and it would only collect 10

@Sicprofundus
What I was thinking was more like "Fine Animal Pelt", or "Pearlescent Crocodile Teeth" I want to loot them all, so Quest|10 does not work, but I right now I have incomplete stacks of 25, 19, 5, 7, 49, 12 on my characters.
This should only take up 2 stacks but it takes up 6 instead across my group.

1 is not really feasible, character 2 through 6 doesn't have a way share how many of the item they have with the master looter. They only select if they want the item or not.

2. This would be for just new items? It would determine if that was an item to be set to keep or ignore?

@plure
1 I was thinking that if the character has an incomplete stack already, then they need on it. That way they need until the stack is complete, then everyone gets a shot again. Everyone else greed's on it so no one starts a new stack until the first one is complete. Maybe only for non quest stacking items I guess.

2 yea only as a default for non gear new items

@freeferli

1. There is no way character 2 knows how many character 3 - 6 has of an item... so once he gets a full stack, he wouldn't know when to start accepting the item again.

2. I just looked through the lootitem struct. It doesn't contain information about what an item would sell for. You'd have to loot the item and then determine if you wanted to keep or ignore the item. That doesn't easily fit into the structure of how the plugin operates.

@plure Maybe I am misunderstanding how this works, is this plugin capable of setting an item to Need sometimes and Greed later?
Char 2 and 3 do not need to communicate.
Need would be "I NEED to complete a stack"
Greed would be "I WANT to start a stack"

And then we would be relying on the fact that someone who needs gets the item before someone who greeds.
Another benefit would be that when a char has an incomplete stack, and they run out of bag space, they would still greed on items to complete stacks.

Lets say we are talking about Fine Pelts
Char # Fine Pelts # Need vs Greed
Char 1 32
Char 2 0
Char 3 38
Char 4 19

And then one drops then we would have

Char 1 32 Need
Char 2 0 Greed
Char 3 38 Need
Char 4 19 Need

Char 1 gets it, and we have, all fine pelts would go to Chars 1, 3, 4, and none to 2

Char 1 33 Need
Char 2 0 Greed
Char 3 38 Need
Char 4 19 Need

After many of them drop one of them would complete a stack

Char 1 100
Char 2 0
Char 3 59
Char 4 40

The next time one drops we would have this, and all fine pelts would go to chars 3 and for

Char 1 100 Greed
Char 2 0 Greed
Char 3 59 Need
Char 4 40 Need

Eventually everyone would complete all their stacks, and we would get

Char 1 100 Greed
Char 2 0 Greed
Char 3 100 Greed
Char 4 100 Greed

Where does this break down?

Last edited:
When a player selections need/greed/never/etc that is stored server side and the master loot doesn't have access to what people selected. That information is revealed to the master looter when he tries to pass out an item to a character (the character accepts the item or he gets the failed message) or when he sets up a random for an item(who randoms for the item). When the master looter tries to pass out an item, the game treats need/greed identically for how this plugin currently works.

To setup what your talking about, I'd have to rewrite the plugin to handle passing out loot using the Ask functionality for advanced looting. I can see some advantages of using Ask to distribute loot among your group, but it would take some work to rewrite how the plugin handles distributing loot.

Question - MQ2AutoLoot Feature Request

Users who are viewing this thread

Back