• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ2Auth.exe issue (1 Viewer)

Brian005

RedCents
I would like to compile Macroquest from your gitlab repository. However, when I uploaded MQ2Auth.exe to Virustotal (as I do with any new software) I was surprised to find that the positive/negative hitrate was 32/72.

One would normally easily dismiss a couple of heuristic false positves from minor vendors, but this list contains positives from vendors such as Kaspersky, Avira, Avast and Emsisoft to name a few. Most identify it as "clipbanker" trojan. I am not a super technical user, and am somewhat worried. Could your gitlab have been compromised?

Any help very much appreciated.

I would like to compile Macroquest from your gitlab repository. However, when I uploaded MQ2Auth.exe to Virustotal (as I do with any new software) I was surprised to find that the positive/negative hitrate was 32/72.

One would normally easily dismiss a couple of heuristic false positves from minor vendors, but this list contains positives from vendors such as Kaspersky, Avira, Avast and Emsisoft to name a few. Most identify it as "clipbanker" trojan. I am not a super technical user, and am somewhat worried. Could your gitlab have been compromised?

Any help very much appreciated.
answering this specifically is outside my area of expertise, but it is a question that popups now and again.

here's someone bringing up a false positive and redbot saying how he always reports false positives to MS
1611855087376.png

> another thread here about it <

> knightly's msg <
1611855210818.png

maybe @Knightly (who knows what he's talking about) can chimie in with a specific answer to your question

I don't have the source code for that file, so I couldn't say. Looking at the git history it changed 2 months ago and 6 months before that. I see what you're saying that the current version has 29 detections:
1611872446284.png

Looking at the one in the git repo from 6 months ago it has 11 detections as I mentioned, and those are mostly related to the Generic Game hacking as I described in Sic's quote above.
1611872484752.png

You can download the one I use (and have the source for) from https://www.mqnext.com/MQ2Auth.zip, but you will have to type in the code since it will DISPLAY the old mq2auth code but if you click "save" it'll save the new MQNext code (I think). The new code won't work for you, but the old one should.
1611872653283.png

Probably something for @Redbot to look into.

Problem - MQ2Auth.exe issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back