• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ2 nav not letting me login (1 Viewer)

silentsteel79

RedCents
10¢
Ive read all the posts here related to MQ2nav and startup issues. I also tried to do the registry fix, however i dont have the lines he suggested to delete.

only way to run mq2nav is to load inside game, and unload or i have to edit the macroquest file to disable mq2nav on startup.

any help would be appreciated

Ive read all the posts here related to MQ2nav and startup issues. I also tried to do the registry fix, however i dont have the lines he suggested to delete.

only way to run mq2nav is to load inside game, and unload or i have to edit the macroquest file to disable mq2nav on startup.

any help would be appreciated
The only fixes I know of are ensuring that you have the correct directx 9.0c installed (the native version that comes with windows 10 is not always the correct one, it is missing pieces)

and the registry fix you are likely referring to

Check your registry for this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers Remove anything you find that mentions eqgame.exe or mq2nav.dll

now one temporary solution you can do is when you load mq2nav in game you can do /plugin mq2nav load noauto and it won't be set to load automatically next time you log in

Could you give us some further details when you say "MQ2nav startup issues" - what actually happens when you try and load into the game with mq2nav configured to load

outside of that would likely need to tag in @brainiac

Problem - MQ2 nav not letting me login

Users who are viewing this thread

Back