• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

mq2 loading problem (1 Viewer)

shadowman33

RedCents
70¢
Ok, I am sorry for lack of info on this due to the fact that I have no idea what happened lol. Suddenly my mq2 will not load properly. I have been using the compiled version from soultaker on this site. The problem is this....
When attempting to load mq2, it says this version is not authorized...blah blah..but mq2 loads into my taskbar anyway. I have run mqauth and it still says same problem. It did not do this before, but now it suddenly is doing it. Also, it shows in taskbar that mq2 is loaded, but it will not load into the game. When up at the character select screen, it is not showing and neither is it in game anymore. I honestly do not know what I have done, but if there is anyone who has had similar probs and knows a fix, I appreciate it greatly. Oh, the same version of mq2 from here is working fine on 2nd box though. Even tried copying that to this box and still same prob.

ok upon further screwing around with this, I found that I can delete everything from my old mq2 (from mq2 site) then recompile a version from there again and it works. The prob still exists though that when attempting to load soultaker's version that had previously had my auth codes in it, i get the same authorize error, yet it loads to taskbar. Still does not load into game though.

re submit to me your Auth code, I will take a look at it, I might have changed it by a digit or something by mistake, if so i will upload the corrected one with my next update.

ya I'm aware of that, but that never happened. I obviously did something, just do not know what LOL. Even before when i got the authorized error, I just ran mqauth in it and it fixed that error. Now, now matter what, I get that error. Somehow it loads to taskbar, but not to game. I have deleted all copies of mq2 off the system completely (i had folders from zips in few locations of older versions) so there was no trace of mq2, downloaded soultaker's version again, and same problem is there.........odd.

running auth for a version that is already compiled, does no good. your auth codes have to be compiled into the mq2main.dll. if you compile your own. then running auth and recompile will in fact work. but if you do not compile your own and get it from here or another source. already compiled. then you need to talk to who ever is doing the compileing.

ya and that is why it has been so odd to me for this to happen. There have been no patches, updates, etc. of any kind to my OS. But i'll keep messin with it and hopefully get it working again.

You guys need to defeat the auth system or use a different injector. Using huge auth headers and building with authorization for a bazillion systems does not scale.

Plus, defeating MQ2 auth is easy, and using an alternate injector is even easier.

In addition, posting your authorization hash on a public board is simply stupid. Anyone that distributes binarys could use that information to target your system based on that hash. It is also possable that the MQ2 devs will code in retaliation code designed to mess with systems using these published hashs.

-j

mq2 loading problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back