• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

mq window events (1 Viewer)

redskycrow

RedCents
21¢
hopefully someone here will know how can i go about making a macro do a event based on the text that is in the MQ window or if a item is targeted or not?

Rich (BB code):
#Event Test				"#*#[MQ2] test#*#"
Sub Event_test
   /echo Test Sat.
/return
then add an alias like so:
Rich (BB code):
/squelch /alias /test /echo test
What this will do is, when ever your type /test, Macroquest will automatically see it as you typing /echo test. Then your event will pick up, off the MQ2 window text.
I'm sure you can modify this format to what you need.

As far as an event based on a item targeted (assuming you mean on your cursor.) here is a snippet from a macro I use which auto inventories a mod rod when I get one:
Rich (BB code):
	/if ((${Cursor.ID} == MODROD_ID) && !${Window[ConfirmationDialogBox].Open}) {
		/if (${Me.MaxMana}) {
			/echo Autoinventorying mod rod
			/delay 3s
			/if (${Cursor.ID} == MODROD_ID) /autoinventory
		} else {
			/if (${Cursor.ID} == MODROD_ID) /destroy
		}
	}

ok i will give the event test one a try and no as for targeted items i mean like when you use the /itemtarget command i am working on a macro that will run around zone looking for particlar ground spawn but was having trouble witht he if there is a item targeted part

basicly what i want to do is a if statement for if there is a target then it continues or if not it waits would i use the same thing you use for targeting a mob

Last edited:
yes

you can create an event like

#Event "#*# Item 'aa #*#"

#*# is the events wildcard

When /itemtarget is used it puts Item 'Generic (sm)' targeted in the MQ2 window

Soooooo you can use Item 'aa#*# or Item 'ot#*# to create events

BUT it has to be exact .. caps and spelling .. so go to the zone and do /itemtarget and see what is put in mq2 window

ARMY

Dlewis what are you trying to gank?

Are you doing something like Shroom and acorn macro where you sit in a zone and gank all day long ... just collecting an item?

IF so ... go to the zone and /itemtarget the item .. and then post here what the itesm u want ganked are.

and its a quick thing to mod the shroom and acorn macro to gank items

you may have to play with the naming of them till u get it right .. but once you have the exact name its easy to get running

/mapfilter ground

shows ground spawns

Lemme know i can hook it up pretty quick

ALSO .. is there a set number of items on the ground?

ARMY

mq window events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back