• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

mq on several computers (1 Viewer)

bartab

RedCents
I get bored updating my mq files, macros, plugins etc on several computers.
I imagine I could have only one mq file accessible by all computers over a network.
But i really don't have any idea on how to set up one.
Anybody here would point me to a good reference site, all I saw over google on VPN leads to something either too complicate for me to set up either too badly explained.
thanks in advance

Copied directly from the public announcements on MQ2 boards...

mq2auth.png

Basically, get the auth codes of the other computers, copy them all into one big auth file (since MQ2 can handle an infinite number of auth codes at once), place said auth file in your mq2main folder, then compile.

Just copy the resulting DLLs, the MacroQuest2.exe file, and any folders / INIs that you want on the other computers into a zip file, then send the zip to your other computers.

On the other hand, if you really want your MQ2 on only one computer, you might be able to just enable sharing on the MQ2 folder, and have your other computers run the program that way. But I don't know if that would work, and I dislike setting my computer to share files, so testing is up to you.

Using no-auth doesn't matter all that much, just share the MQ source folder, run MQAUTH via the share on from each pc, and compile, you'll be golden. Then all the pc's run that single executable again using the shared folder.

I actually accomplish all this by using linux + samba, so the physical files aren't even on any windows boxes. That's by far more comples then the pure windows share solution though.

I tried to use one shared MQ folder on 3 computers. It became problematic when running macros.
Start Mac001 on computer 1, start Mac002 (like forage) on computer 2 resulted in Mac001 shutdown and Mac002 would run. If anyone has a solution to this issue I would be grateful. Until then I use no-auth to compile and paste into each computer.

Lady_Of_Old

PS All Windows environment

mq on several computers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back