• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Software MQ command unloaded (1 Viewer)

arb22

RedCents
727¢
I have been starting to setup hot buttons, 95% of the time I play EQ with MQ loaded, but should I play without it, my question is what happens to a command sent that should be parsed by MQ

I am aware that the command won't work without MQ2, but does the client send the command back to the server for processing? IE is that a way to get caught, or does the client just reject bad commands like a typo?

the root of this question and thought process is some hot keys can could be useful both with & without MQ loaded, particularly if its one that pauses a macro / plugin before doing something manually then unpausesit such as CoTH .

When i add an MQ2 command in a hotkey, i set the text color of the hotkey in pink.
So i know before use a hotkey if there is a MQ2 command inside.
I use 2 different assist hotkey, one for when i play with MQ2 and another one when i do not.

I believe that it is the local client that processes any slash commands and then throws an error if the syntax is wrong. Once the client receives a valid command, it communicates with the server to make that happen, but it doesn't send the raw input of your command back to the server.

I believe that it is the local client that processes any slash commands and then throws an error if the syntax is wrong. Once the client receives a valid command, it communicates with the server to make that happen, but it doesn't send the raw input of your command back to the server.
I guess that is the heart of the question, what I thought and suspected, but was wondering if anyone who dived deep into what the client does, or used packet sniffers over time to see knew.

When i add an MQ2 command in a hotkey, i set the text color of the hotkey in pink.
So i know before use a hotkey if there is a MQ2 command inside.
I use 2 different assist hotkey, one for when i play with MQ2 and another one when i do not.

A great idea and method for making sure you don't use one, assuming it is needed (and likely the safest thing to do is assume it is needed)

MQ Next has a Lua script that creates a window you can create buttons / hotkeys. I just keep my MQ hot keys in Lua buttonmaster window then don't worry about accidentally sending mq commands. No MQ no Buttonmaster. :)

Software MQ command unloaded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back