• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

More GK`n problems (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

banned
BANNED
RedCents
Ok, so recently i have just been dying trying to GK mobs that i have 100 times, i reformatted and i have vista ultimate, anyone know what could becausing this ? Server lag ect ect ?

On a side note windows vista is a ram hog. I noticed that i couldnt 5 box anymore with vista, so i went back to good ole XP. This would in turn cause lag that is a basicly a death touch on some mobs. Get more ram or get rid of the hog lol

Actually, I have heard from a few people that they are getting hit alot more than before. I don't know if it's imperfections in the plugin, or if it's Sony actually fixing something. It could possibly be the computer hardware, but right after the fabled came out, I was ghosting Sleeper's Tomb Fabled mobs and I never died. I have a P4 3.2 w/HT, 1Gb RAM, 256MB Nvidia 6800GTX. My hardware is not top notch, but I can still do it. (Windows XP Pro)

Just a fun little note, if you guys stop using Wineq you will see more dps because wineq limits the fps to 50 were as EQ lets them run up 100.

Well, i cannot kill th sleepers fabled yet, 70 with only 300 Aa's and 10khp unbuffed rofl, but i learned if you have the best plugin in the world < talk to marburyisgod > I sugest using monkafk then monkbug, because it seems you hit slower, and dont get hit i killled 13 raid mobs last night no death. As for windows vista ultimate its not a hog all the way i have 3 gigs ram and dual 7900s sLI going. Only windows vista is ready to run Direct X10 aka d3dx or somebull shit. So Gaming programms should run a fuucking hella of alot smother, and for people who dont understand what it does well then

You copied and pasted information from: http://bcb-tools.com/DirectX9_Info.htm

http://bcb-tools.com/Copyright.htm

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION said:

The entire BCB-Tools.com web site and any software originating from the BCB-Tools.com web site are protected
by the provisions of existing "best practice" international copyright law and international copyright treaty.

The reproduction of any material from this site for the purpose of redistribution is expressly prohibited,
unless otherwise mentioned.

All software originating from BCB-Tools.com is supplied "as is" and is governed by the terms of the
'end user license agreement' included with the software.

Any actions not in accordance with the above terms and conditions is a violation of copyright law.

So, in that case vista will be able to 10 box instead of 5 box im sure, and i can 10 box instead of 5 box on Xp

CComp5950 Edit: Go check out the rules, this is how you will format anything you copy and paste from other sites, also if it is copyrighted and you do not have consent from the author or you are not the original author yourself you WILL NOT COPY AND PASTE IT

Last edited by a moderator:
If EQ is ported to be a DirectX 10 Native Game, then perhaps that'd be a logical statement.

I doubt that will happen anytime soon, being that it would exclude so many people looking to stay on (relativly stable) XP

QQ -- the only reason that hitting slower does anything is because your computer can't handle the faster hits...that's all. You lag, and this kills you.

And while your Uber_Computer_01 might have 3 gigs of ram, Vista is still using about 1gig of that. Oh, and for people who don't understand how MQ2 and gaming work, like yourself...Everquest can't use the functions in that update if it's not programmed to...and since XP computers don't necessary have the inner workings to mesh correctly with the Dx update, it would be a large problem for EQ to update to them...ergo, it won't. While, perhaps, there might be some few functions that have been rewritten entirely within themselves, and don't require anything new (which would speed you up a little), it's not enough to make a difference.

{Insert Copywrited stuff here}

I bet you copy/pasted your way into here too.

directx has been around for a while, hence why were on version 9 (xp) and 10? (vista)

vista isnt going to magically make eq run faster, i bet for 99% of people it will actually be worse, since it will use more base resources simply to load the OS

Last edited by a moderator:
More GK`n problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back