• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

mob location (1 Viewer)

dobey

RedCents
10¢
I was wondering if you can check a specific location to see if a mob is there. Obviously the map knows the loc of each npc on it, and I have seen ui's that give the location of the user, and target of user's loc. I am looking for a way to check a list of locations I have of static spawns, check each loc for a mob, and if it returns true path to it to pull the mob. Last thing I want to do is run a path over and over with a radius check though, would like to sit there not moving, and check if each mob is up in a certain order. I know I am rambling lol but wanted to be clear why I wanted the info.

so basically something like

is there a mob at x x x loc? no? got to next

is mob at x x x loc? yes? goto pull it

ect... can this be done?

You could use a spawn tracker, to track your spawns, and when one is up, have it call your pull event. This will work as long as the mobs name is unique.

or, Could use a line like:

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Spawn[npc Mob Name Here].ID}) {
   /call pull
}

Rich (BB code):
/if (${SpawnCount[npc loc x.xx y.yy radius 5 zradius 5]}) {
    /call Pull
}
Replace x.xx with the X coordinate, and y.yy with the Y coordinate. If there's any spawns within 5 units of the specified location, the subroutine "Pull" will be called.

mob location

Users who are viewing this thread

Back