• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MM Mission freaky chests (1 Viewer)

rawwar

RedCents
20¢
Ok I have a sort of Mq2 question and it is because during a recent MM mission when I tried to open a chest with /open (I was standing right at the chest and mq2copen is not running) I got a message saying the chest is covered with seaweed and you cannot open it. I told another toon in the mission to open it and he ran in and opened and looted it with no problems. I tried every chest with the same result. The only difference that I know of is I have mq2 ruuning in the background. (I also think the other toon was but not sure - he's just to damn good at these missions) I do not load many plugins for these mission mostly just hiderun and nostun.

Has anyone else seen this. I have been running these mission for days now 200+ missions and this was a first today.

:confused:

1) Which mission is it?
2) which class were you and which class was the other person?
3) Have you done this mission before, and if so have you had any issues with this chest?

Outside mission I am a Bard inside I run a rogue and do the hide loot and sneak to get 44 chests. I have done over 200 missions inside the East freeport mission starts in BB off the back of the boat.

have a group of 6 with 5 being riders usually and one rogue inside doing the chests. This is the first time this happened and it happened yesterday afternoon had done one in the morning fine before the patch.

There are sometimes messages saying "You cannot loot while a hostile creature senses your presence." They may have changed that message to be more appropriate for this mission. You could have had agro and not able to loot while you had agro. It helps a lot to know that you're doing the Butcherblock mission as well, there are over 12 monster missions that I know of right now and most of them have chests at the end of the missions, so thought you were talking about those.

Ya today is the day for learning to be more specific ..... I have seen the message you state a lot as I get splatted after getting chest open and not hiding fast enough. but this one was new I even tried getting killed so I lost aggro restart at zone in and go to upper chests which are not well protected... I then hide for 10 seconds or so and wait to make sure I am well hid and then type /open. I eve tried making it a doutil and clicking it there and the same thing happens and it is only on one account other account works fine (ya failed to mention that in other posts ... sorry) Normally I just warp/hide/open/hide/loot/warp and so on till all 44 chest are done then sit and wait out timer.... not on this account even tried rebooting and not loading mq2 but same so thats why I am not sure its a Mq2 issue but wanted to see if others have this issue.

MM Mission freaky chests

Users who are viewing this thread

Back