• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Request - Mercenary help (1 Viewer)

homernz

RedCents
10¢
Hi.
Kiss is awesome! If my mercenary tank dies, my bard mezzers it. Is there anyway for my cleric to hit Divine Peace after my mercenary timer is up?

Not that I've seen, but why not just switch and have your bard kill the thing? Mercs aren't that great of tanks anyhow after about 70 or so (I think), so you're really trading 1 paper tank for another in regards to having the bard do it. Then just wait it out.

Or....buy/make yourself up a SK or some other tank type to do the real tanking for you, they're 100 times better than merc tanks. And since you're using KISS anyhow, once set up correctly, they're not that terribly difficult to "play"

I have a couple SK nakeds, and I'm sure Sym has some SK's with boatloads of AA's should you want to look at buying one...though I'd wait till Wednesday when the new patch is done being rolled out.

I have a monk also. Once she starts mezzing it, if the mobs health is over % she wont stop mezzing. The merc wont attack it as its mezzed. A lot of people have told me mercs are shit but tbo, mine stays alive.

Have the merc not mez if the HP is <95. Lord knows if you haven't gotten things under control by then, you're dead anyhow. and the %'s don't go down that fast on mobs from DS's, etc.

The correct solution would be to have the bard stop mezzing at least one mob when the merc tank repops. I will add this to my to do list for the next major release.

Request - Mercenary help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back