• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Making a 6box team need help (1 Viewer)

fartjarfunkel

RedCents
153¢
I am making new 6 box crew my servers level cap is 85 and currently on Underfoot and will be going into House of Thule in 2 months I want to have a strong group for HoT launch , right now I have a 85 UF raid geared SK , and 85 berserker and 85 bard both in last expansions raid gear.

I was thinking about adding in a shaman and maybe a ranger or rogue or both or maybe a cleric in for more heals ? I want to be able to AA quickly and be able to group anything I need to as well as Smallman raids with my other 2 friends that each have a 6 box group .

I am using CWTN plugins on sk and zerker and plan on runing them for the other boxes as well besides the bard witch I have no clue what to do with

any thoughts are welcome looking forward to see what you all think Thanks

I was facing a similar question about how to make my 12box group composition.. my first thought was to lean towards all melee dps to maximise how the classes profit from each other.. after bouncing some thoughts back and forth with a friend I decided to sacrifice some dps min maxing and added some caster dps..
imo going out from here, fights get more versatile, like the 2 giants in audience with brell or the caster reflrect/melee reflect mobs on the last boss of convortium..

tldr: I went for a bit less dps and more versatility..

just my 2 cents to maybe keep in mind

I was facing a similar question about how to make my 12box group composition.. my first thought was to lean towards all melee dps to maximise how the classes profit from each other.. after bouncing some thoughts back and forth with a friend I decided to sacrifice some dps min maxing and added some caster dps..
imo going out from here, fights get more versatile, like the 2 giants in audience with brell or the caster reflrect/melee reflect mobs on the last boss of convortium..

tldr: I went for a bit less dps and more versatility..

just my 2 cents to maybe keep in mind
I should have added the friend I will be raiding with runs paladin , cleric , enchanter , and 3 mages and the other one runes sk , shaman , bst and idk the other 3 he is bringing up

ok so i am thinking sk , shm , brd , bst , zerk and cant decide if i want 6th to be another zerk or rogue or would it be better if i did sk , shm , brd , zerk , zerk , rogue ( or other dps ) ? how much dps / adps will a bst add ?

everybody has their own style, my group is
sk ( tank and puller)
Cleric
enchanter ( mezzing adds, and crazy little guy likes to charm and adds some very nice dps that way)
mage (this is my actual main, and my only 120 character - the others are all on free - i play on test -- pets are insane all through the game, often takes agro, and really could do away with sk for anther character, but i like SKs ) and some nice nukes
mage 2 ( as above)
wizard .

once i have pulled i usually jump to the wizard and spam his 110 nuke ( biggest crit so far is 2.1 million) and leave the rest to do their thing

ok so i am thinking sk , shm , brd , bst , zerk and cant decide if i want 6th to be another zerk or rogue or would it be better if i did sk , shm , brd , zerk , zerk , rogue ( or other dps ) ? how much dps / adps will a bst add ?
Bstie adds quite a bit, your call o. Rogue or bst, but I’d drop second zerk rather than drop rog for bst.

I feel you on leaning melee, but just to say that mage 115 with autogrant aa and non-prestige gear are powerhouses. Bst, zerk, rog I feel shine when in prestige and aa’d. I’ll let someone who knows bst better say otherwise - but I feel the focus effects on gear make a gigantic difference for bst.

ok ive got sk , clr , shm , brd , zerk made and ready. I am still stuck on the last dps class i kind of feel like I might be leaving some adps/dps on the table with 2 zerkers over another dps class

Question - Making a 6box team need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back