• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Macro Question (1 Viewer)

Hoecus

RedCents
91¢
OK I am new to this whole thing and I want to know how to actually make a macro and make it work. I see all of the texts in the boxes on the webpages here , so do I copy and paste them somewhere? Then make do a /plugin add in game , or hiow do I get the macro to actually work in game?
I hope you understand what I am trying to ask and can help me.
Thanks ,
Hoecus

well to get a Macro from the forums you copy and then paste it into like notepad, then make sure you SAVE IT AS A .MAC

Also make sure you save it in the MACRO FOLDER with in your MACROQUEST directory

then just start mq2 and everquest and type /mac *what ever you named it*
to END a macro just type /endmac

and the /plugin command is used to add a plugin LOAD a plugin to MQ2

If you wish you can use /commands from plugins in macro's and this is often done.

Last edited:
Also wrong forum....I would say read everything before you go using this stuff. MQ is like a gun, if you don’t know how to use it you will prolly shoot your nuts off. Even when you are an expert you can still shoot your nuts off.

I know people want to jump right in and do all the uber stuff in here, but just take some advice…..read, and when your done with that read some more. Not being a dick, just trying to save your account. :P

someoneorsomething said:
MQ is like a gun, if you don’t know how to use it you will prolly shoot your nuts off. Even when you are an expert you can still shoot your nuts off.

I know people want to jump right in and do all the uber stuff in here, but just take some advice…..read, and when your done with that read some more. Not being a dick, just trying to save your account. :P

I agree 100% with SoS.

Read, Read, Read, Read.

Know the chances of getting banned, and how dangerous somethings are compared to others.

Don't use MQ2 if you aren't willing to have your account banned.

Knowledge is power. I've been using MQ for years, and I still find out more things it can do every day.

If you aren't willing to put in the time reading, discovering what every plugin can do, I wouldn't recommend using MQ. Not that you can't, but you just won't get nearly enough out of it.

Ok I have read everything about macros that I can find on here and I have done exactly what it said , even re-typing the text exactly like it says and still cant get the macro to work. I am just needing a macro to make combines for me of only 2 ingredients. When I run /macro combine (thats my name for it) .. I get this error ..
Subroutine Main wasnt found ...

Any ideas at all? Or know how to fix it? Do I need to plugin some operation that maybe I havent plugged in? Help if you can, please.

Hoecus

Hoecus said:
Ok I have read everything about macros that I can find on here and I have done exactly what it said , even re-typing the text exactly like it says and still cant get the macro to work. I am just needing a macro to make combines for me of only 2 ingredients. When I run /macro combine (thats my name for it) .. I get this error ..
Subroutine Main wasnt found ...

Any ideas at all? Or know how to fix it? Do I need to plugin some operation that maybe I havent plugged in? Help if you can, please.

Hoecus

Sounds like you missed the encapsulating subroutine named Main

Sub Main
<your code here>
/return

Sub Whatever
/return

etc...

Everything except #<command>'s have to be in a subroutine with the starting code contained within Sub Main.

Macro Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back