• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Lvl 100 dps - sustained? (1 Viewer)

redraj

RedCents
571¢
What dps numbers are you getting from your box group, in a sustained situation?
How long are each of your fights?

I see references to people getting 20k+ sustained dps, per character, in group gear.

My group, combined, is doing 35k-65k dps, finishing 1 million hp monsters in 15-27 seconds (crits/twincasts/gom procs causing most of the variance).

Am I doing something horribly wrong?
Does increasing gear tiers make that big of a difference (my characters are all using 45-70 focuses)?
Should I move to tougher mobs, giving my characters more time to get rolling?
Or just misunderstanding what someone means when they say 20k+dps sustained? (I go for 0 med time, non-stop pulls. Actually not enough mobs at my current camp).
Supposedly switching out all of my dps for wizard mercs would be better at this point :/

15-27s fights, you're probably not going to get a very accurate number. 1 million hp mobs....sounds like ROF? What classes are you using? A J5 caster merc on burn is going to do about 30K sustained if your tank can hold the aggro. Sounds like the camp you're at is too easy for you.

Thanks, so you agree the fights are too short to properly tell. I'll do some research and find a 1 step up zone from where I'm at.

I don't even know what expansion I'm in - I'm so out of touch with expansion content from... forever :D
I did 96-100 here and seem to be making AA at a reasonable pace (10aa/hour with autogranted aa's 6k). But maybe I don't know what a reasonable AA pace even is :/

10aa/hr is not reasonable IMO even in an afk group. That's definitely too easy of a camp. It definitely sounds like a ROF camp to me.....PM me if you don't want to say publicly.

A proper parse would involve a long fight but it's really hard to get those on a consistent basis. Try to find something over 30s......otherwise things can get really skewed.....ie my wiz on short fights will look amazing (well they usually are, achieving numbers like 100+ non burn which is just from lucky crits, etc.) but then they make everyone else look bad. If one of my melee are firing off a burn, then they make everyone else look bad too. Get as many fights as possible and look at their average.

Typically, level 100 in group gear (I'm going to assume of CotF caliber) melee will do about 12-20k depending on class/aa/gear sustained in my experience.
Mage will do 15-25k with their pet
wiz can achieve about 25k-35k sustained (change your macro if you are not hitting those numbers)

I don't ever get good parses with necros cause the short fights really make the necro look bad.

Those numbers are just from my experience, usually in CoTF HAs.....I get higher with TDS zones but I've only optimized a few of my classes...a lot of them still using their discs/holies/aa's from pre-TDS.

My group does 50-70k dps sustained, bursts in the 190-200k range. All in group gear. I've done some parsing in the guild hall before and can easily sustain that 50 mark. Can abuse some bugs to get more chromatic hazes etc.. At 100 I was pushing 20-30 aa an hour in grelleths, so maybe that's an idea.

oh wow, 20+aa/hour sounds amazing. I'll have to find a new camp this weekend.

Speaking of necs: I have a nec in my group, and it is an embarrassment. What's the minimum length fight needed to get it to run properly? I'm thinking it needs 45s (few seconds lead time before it attacks, then 5-6 casts with time left for last dot/swarm to finish)

I really want to swap my nec out, but the last time I ran bonechips I came across some crazy who would not leave me alone - was odd, since he was clearly running bonechips as well o_0 Also the reason why I'd rather not draw any more attention to my group :/

Thank you both for your responses. Always nice having goals/targets to aim for :)

Necro will need over 1 minute to even look respectable....less than that you are lucky to break 10-12k even throwing out the swift dots....as for grelleth's...I was doing only about 16-21aa/hr and running out of mobs

meh, I've moved up into a ROF t2 or t3 zone and with the exp bonus I'm getting a little over 24aa/hour (15aa/hour without xp bonus I suppose). Fights aren't much longer.

I need mobs with double the amount of health, but don't hit harder :P

This game has some goofy scaling. Hyperscaled up to 10k hitters with massive hp, then just stagnates for 15 levels.

I need to see if I can get into rof t4 group zones.

Question - Lvl 100 dps - sustained?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back