• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Lua - LUA and other Stuffs (1 Viewer)

RedCents
52¢
Hey everyone!!! I was on RG a few years ago and recently returned. I am playing again on Project Lazarus. I tried the MQ2+E3 the Laz community site recommends but even years removed, I felt KA was a lot better. So I got up and running. Everything is going well with a few exceptions. Primarily, looting. I like to drive on a monk. So I would love to have another toon clean up my piles of corpses. Doing research this led me to looty. Looty led me to Lua which, I will be completely honest, I have no idea what it is or does. Was it a thing a few years ago and I never noticed? Will it eat me out of house and home? Will I find my cat pregnant and Lua's shoes by my bed? I have so many questions. I have surmised it is a form of interface that you can modify for various actions/plugins independent of the typical MAC MQ2 plugins. Thank you all in advance.

Lua is a programming language embedded in MQ. Its much faster and more powerful than the macro language. It also exists on its own as an actual language, so its possible to find programming help and such on the internet about it. One of the features we provided the Lua integration was the ability to create ImGui windows and controls much like how plugins can. Basically its just a framework for creating awesome tools that the macro system was never able to do.

Lua - LUA and other Stuffs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back