• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Los (1 Viewer)

Zero0003

RedCents
262¢
Just a question to see if there was any sort of offset of plugin for it. Since the recent patches they nerfed a lot of the LOS issues like fire and stuff. Where you could cast thru the buildings or thru a range item thru them. Any way around that?

Zero

A friend told me he made my Kites for Fire working again which, broke when they redid the LoS around the buildings in Fire.
He said he removed those buildings client side.
Interresting solution in my oppinion, but its way out of my abilities/or plugins I own.

Crystane said:
A friend told me he made my Kites for Fire working again which, broke when they redid the LoS around the buildings in Fire.
Interresting solution in my oppinion, but its way out of my abilities/or plugins I own.
:D I still wouldn't use the kites 'cause other people will wonder how the hell you're casting through buildings and whatnot but LoS is a client side check.

F U Sony for making my Brick of Molten Ore farming harder than it needs to be. Just let me farm in piece without having to edit files!

plink

Crystane said:

It is within your abilities and there is no need for a plugin ;)

http://www.theclenchedfist.com/Downloads/details/id=5.html

"EQInside allows you to extract files from the EverQuest archives. This allows you to look at bitmaps, listen to wavs, and export the .WLD files that contain the 3-D world geometry for EverQuest."

In short, you can tinker with the zone file and remove any object. Walls will be there of course, but you can take out buildings, doors, fire pots, statues..... you get the picture.
It just takes a little trial and error to figure out what needs to stay and what needs to be removed.

I suggest making a back up copy of any EQ file you tinker with to avoid patching.

Enjoy.

Los

Users who are viewing this thread

Back