• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - ListHunters (1 Viewer) 0.03

RedCents
1,449¢
PricklyGoat723 submitted a new resource:

ListHunters - Lists all the hunter achievement mobs currently up in your current zone.

Lists all the hunter achievement mobs currently up in your current zone.
Clears all /maploc then marks all the hunters on the map with a /maploc white circle and X.
The Hunters.Lua was just parsed out from the achievements "Output To File".

To use it:
/lua run listhunters

Read more about this resource...

you have several duplicate entries in your hutners.Lua (will make for challenge when editing/updating)

you might want to check mq2map is loaded before trying to use mq2map commands

hunterhud has some other functions and features - you're doing something differently than hunterhud is, but might be worth looking at so you're not duplicating

you have several duplicate entries in your hutners.Lua (will make for challenge when editing/updating)

you might want to check mq2map is loaded before trying to use mq2map commands

hunterhud has some other functions and features - you're doing something differently than hunterhud is, but might be worth looking at so you're not duplicating
First, thank you for your amazingly quick review.
I now check if mq2map is loaded before doing /maploc stuff.

My concept for the hunters.Lua is a dictionary of dictionaries.
The zones are the main keys and the spawn names are the subkeys.
So, for example, this subkey appears twice:
["a cral ligi warlord"] = true,
once in ["The Tenebrous Mountains"] = {
and again in ["The Twilight Sea"] = {
So that "a cral ligi warlord" counts in both of those zones, but wouldn't if you found one wandering around Befallen.
As far as updating hunters.Lua, I built it by parsing the achievements "Output To File" with Python, which actually made the file.
So it wasn't done by hand and therefore it will be easy to update next expac.

Of course, the elephant in the room is that HunterHUD is amazing, and if I knew it had existed I would never have even made this.
Next time, before I start coding something, maybe I will take a moment to do a search. 🤣

vscode helps a ton with quick daignostics

I wasn't talking about duplicate mobs, i was talking about duplicate indexes (zones)
here are a couple for example

(this table also has a weird extra space)

1702236775253.png
1702236797114.png

PricklyGoat723 updated ListHunters with a new update entry:

Removed duplicate zones from hunters.lua

It never crossed my mind that the Achievements output file would list the same "Hunter of" more than once.
But it does, for example:
EverQuest: Hunter Hunter of The Caverns of Exile Legacy of Ykesha: Hunter Hunter of The Caverns of Exile
But the Python I use to parse it, now protects against this.
Therefore, hunters.Lua (and init.Lua) now has a clean bill of health from VSCode.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lua - ListHunters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back