• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Levitate (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,373¢
Guys I have been having an issue for about the past month now and I can't figure out why it is happening or what caused it. My issue has to do with Levitate. I am playing my Shaman doing the following task: When Soul Meets Soul. It is the first partisan task in Basilica. On the part where you go find the guy and turn in the necklace I used to be able to run and float from the first platform and land on the platform with the guy using just SoW. Now using Cheetah and SoW I am unable to make that run. I know I can use the bridges and get the task complete, but I would like to know why I am falling much faster than I used to. Even on the 3rd task where you run to the spot in Shadow Valley I can barely make it from one ledge to the other. A couple of answers to the obvious questions. 1) I am playing in first person and my view is level, not looking up nor down. 2) I completed these tasks for about 15k AA so I know it was working. I at first thought it might have been a RG update, but I just tried it without MQ loaded and still I am falling much faster than I used to. To give you a real world idea of what I mean by falling faster, if I were levitated and on top of a building that was 100 feet high and I wanted to float to a nearby building that was 90 feet high and 50 feet away I used to make the float, but now gravity pulls me down before I make it to the 2nd building.

I think the gnomes are loading your shoes up with rocks......happens to me all the time..

In all seriousness, maybe something with that zone has stealth changed? Maybe to help with people circumventing what you are doing? :shrug:

Guys I have been having an issue for about the past month now and I can't figure out why it is happening or what caused it. My issue has to do with Levitate. I am playing my Shaman doing the following task: When Soul Meets Soul. It is the first partisan task in Basilica. On the part where you go find the guy and turn in the necklace I used to be able to run and float from the first platform and land on the platform with the guy using just SoW. Now using Cheetah and SoW I am unable to make that run. I know I can use the bridges and get the task complete, but I would like to know why I am falling much faster than I used to. Even on the 3rd task where you run to the spot in Shadow Valley I can barely make it from one ledge to the other. A couple of answers to the obvious questions. 1) I am playing in first person and my view is level, not looking up nor down. 2) I completed these tasks for about 15k AA so I know it was working. I at first thought it might have been a RG update, but I just tried it without MQ loaded and still I am falling much faster than I used to. To give you a real world idea of what I mean by falling faster, if I were levitated and on top of a building that was 100 feet high and I wanted to float to a nearby building that was 90 feet high and 50 feet away I used to make the float, but now gravity pulls me down before I make it to the 2nd building.
Where is your camera facing? you fall faster facing downward than up at the sky

With the spike in server lag over the last month, have you ran it between those times? cause the client talking to the server in regards to YOU effects lev/drop rate (air rubber banding)

I was told it might be a lag issue. I am playing on fiber tho so I would assume it is not. Is there a test other than a speed test I can run? No Sic I am looking straight out playing in first person. Camera angle was my fist check.

I was told it might be a lag issue. I am playing on fiber tho so I would assume it is not. Is there a test other than a speed test I can run? No Sic I am looking straight out playing in first person. Camera angle was my fist check.
for shits - scroll your mousewheel all the way in (the only time i'll suggest that) and then look up at the sky - does it still happen? I know you said you're looking flat - but try it just to eliminate it please

Discussion - Levitate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back